Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Just bustin ya Linda.
    I figured - it's bad enough just stabbing out each letter with my index finger.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I guess Sikhs are terrible people, too?
    Sikhs are actually very good people. They have a superb military tradition and are extremely pro-US as a rule. However, because they are not an Abrahamic religion, they were subjected to vicious persecution by the Muslim conquerors of India, and are constantly harrassed in Pakistan or wherever they are in the minority and Muslims are in the majority.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sikhs are actually very good people. They have a superb military tradition and are extremely pro-US as a rule. However, because they are not an Abrahamic religion, they were subjected to vicious persecution by the Muslim conquerors of India, and are constantly harrassed in Pakistan or wherever they are in the minority and Muslims are in the majority.
    Oh I know, Ody. Worked with a few and went college with more. I was referencing tthe "misspelled sick temple" comment.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

I guess Sikhs are terrible people, too?
    No I was giving Linda a hard time but you tend to be on the wrong end of every conversation here so there is nothing different this morning than any other.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    No I was giving Linda a hard time but you tend to be on the wrong end of every conversation here so there is nothing different this morning than any other.
    You can never be too careful given how most of you on here look at Muslims. Separate and serious note, I just can't get over how the man's political views make this domestic terrorism. Yet Jared Loughner shoots a congresswoman and he is just a bit out there.

Edit: The man's assumed political views. And personal views.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Power CUer
    You can never be too careful given how most of you on here look at Muslims. Separate and serious note, I just can't get over how the man's political views make this domestic terrorism. Yet Jared Loughner shoots a congresswoman and he is just a bit out there.

Sikhs aren't Muslims. We don't know yet if the shooter was aware of that, or what his political views might be. I don't think anyone believes that Jared Loughner is "just a bit" out there. I think people are pretty clear that he's batshit crazy, and that he and James Holmes would be good roommates.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Sikhs aren't Muslims. We don't know yet if the shooter was aware of that, or what his political views might be. I don't think anyone believes that Jared Loughner is "just a bit" out there. I think people are pretty clear that he's batshit crazy, and that he and James Holmes would be good roommates.
    Many don't know or care what the differences are. In college during the Iranian hostage debacle, our Vietnam Vets went after anybody they thought was Iranian. I could distinguish the differences between Latinos and ME types, they made no effort.
    I suspect this guy just went after a group that looked different than what he liked. I suspect an IQ around 100 or less and functioning around the 8th grade level.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    You can never be too careful given how most of you on here look at Muslims.
    The man authorities say killed six in a Milwaukee-area Sikh temple before police shot him was a heavily-tattooed, 40-year-old ex-Army soldier, sources told Fox News, but what triggered his rampage remains unclear.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/06...#ixzz22mGtcwvh

It's the tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The man authorities say killed six in a Milwaukee-area Sikh temple before police shot him was a heavily-tattooed, 40-year-old ex-Army soldier, sources told Fox News, but what triggered his rampage remains unclear.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/06...#ixzz22mGtcwvh

It's the tattoos.
    It was an Apple, right?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster

I think if I were a Sikh I might be tempted to wear a little button that says "Sikh, not Muslim". Of course, we have no idea if that would have stopped this from happening.

I want to stop the flow of Muslims into the US, and would be delighted if most of the ones already here would leave. That doesn't mean that I want to shoot them. I do however want the border between the US and Mexico to be armed with lethal automatic systems, and the illegals to be herded back across the border. In neither case am I advocating slaughter, merely national defense.