1. #1 Study: Eating egg yolks as bad as smoking for heart 
    A new study suggests eating egg yolks can accelerate heart disease almost as much as smoking.

The study published online in the journal Atherosclerosis found eating egg yolks regularly increases plaque buildup about two-thirds as much as smoking does. Specifically, patients who ate three or more yolks a week showed significantly more plaque than those who ate two or less yolks per week

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz23i3KbBFn

So, the Egg Council hasn't gotten to ABC News, yet.

A Simpsons' reference joke.

Power CUer
    I have the equivalent of about one egg yolk per week. Is that the rate at which smokers consume cigarettes?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

"It may seem harsh to compare smoking with eating egg yolks, but lead study author Dr. David Spence says researchers needed a way to put it into perspective since both eating cholesterol and smoking increase cardiovascular risks - but the general public believes smoking is far worse for your health.

It stretches the imagination beyond belief as it has been proven by multiple studies that the cholesterol from an egg cannot be digested and passes through the human body as waste without effect.

A case of further proof that many scientific works today are sloppy, designed to find the answer the sponsor prefers and will not stand up to the full rigor required of a peer accepted work.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I took Chantix to help me stop smoking. I wonder if there's an anti egg craving drug.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    I took Chantix to help me stop smoking. I wonder if there's an anti egg craving drug.

Yes, but the active ingredient is nicotine.

Weird, I've gone to a nutritionist recommended by my doc and she said egg yolks were fine, but like everything they should be done in moderation. Oh, well, SR always laughs at all these studies. Maybe he's right. (hope he isn't reading this),
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Eggs are good. Eggs are bad. Bacon is bad. Bacon is good. Beef is good. Beef is bad. Fat is bad, carbs are good. Fat is good, carbs are bad. UG!!!

I can't wait until they come out and say smoking is good. That will be a good day.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I have the equivalent of about one egg yolk per week. Is that the rate at which smokers consume cigarettes?
    About once a week I like to have a salad with a hard boiled egg crumbled on top of it for the protien and of course I enjoy the taste.

This article put the fear factor into me.

I have heard both sides of the argument about eggs over the last 25 years.

I had a chiropractor tell me once that God made the eggs with whites and yolks, so that is how he intended us to eat them....I replied "I thought that was so chickens could reproduce."

I first heard of this new study on Fox News. Not that they have doctors that are better then any others, any doctor can read a script.