Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 What should we learn from last weeks support of Chick-fil-A 
    Interesting article... speaking 'truth to power' as the libs are so fond of saying.
    What can we learn from last week’s demonstration? Or rather, of what can we be reminded, since I expect that most of the readers here already recognize these four principles from the past?

First, the fascists are the progressive activists. They want a country—and in The Episcopal Church, a denomination—that bullies others into silence, forces others to support them with their money, redefines morality, and forces redefinitions of words, without protest from those who don’t want that. If they ever gain the power, they’ll make laws that won’t allow you to voice your opinion, support what you believe, build your own businesses, claim any social power or credibility, and refuse to support what you do not believe in. If they could, they’d send you to prison for refusing to support their agenda.

I think many—many—more Americans recognize this today than they did two weeks ago. These people are not “tolerant.” They’re bullies, they hate those who do not support their agenda, and they will do all in their power to hurt you, try to embarrass you and silence you, and force you to capitulate on your values and your morality.

This is who they are—and that’s demonstrable from the actions and the on-the-record statements of the last several weeks.

Second, no surprise, but the supporters of traditional marriage are in the large majority. We all know this—including, I should add, the gay activists.

Remember, their rhetoric is designed to imply that the vast majority of Americans are in support of redefining marriage to include one particular, currently-faddish-amongst-progressives, sexual attraction. They spend a lot of time and money cultivating the “inevitability” meme, so as to discourage organized resistance.

As I pointed out in a recent post:
    “...what gay marriage activists want to foster—in fact, a time-honored tradition on the part of liberal activists—is the perception of “inevitability” which, if such inevitability is accepted, means that opponents will cease the effort of resistance. But there’s a big difference between attempting to promulgate the vision of “inevitability” and that inevitability actually being reality. Gay marriage approval is not inevitable at all, and I don’t think Americans are buying it either.”
    Only—it’s not inevitable. Not at all. And their supporters are not in the majority—not even close.
    So it may be time for them to wheel back from that line of rhetorical spin and return to their “pity us, give us a few bones, we’re being oppressed by a cruel majority of bigots” meme.
    Which brings me to point three.
    Read the whole article here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The actions of Wednesday not only heartened the majority of American citizens, they deflated the tiny minority of progressive activists—and I think that’s one reason why The Great Kiss-In was such a flop. When people recognize just how outnumbered they are, it’s harder to get them out there engaged in childish demonstrations.

They—and their willing allies in the media—will certainly make every effort to discount and “forget” what happened on Wednesday.
    This is the best part of this article as it speaks volumes.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Interesting article... speaking 'truth to power' as the libs are so fond of saying.

Read the whole article here
    Do you honestly believe that nationwide equal rights for gay people, including same sex marriage is not inevitable? I'd say that if you do, then you haven't been paying attention. Gay people are being legally married in the US. It's only a matter of time before the Supreme Court says that if a state recognizes heterosexual marriages performed in another state then they have to recognize homosexual marriages performed in another state. It's only a matter of time before the military starts treating gay spouses as equals to heterosexual spouses. I'd say that if you don't think that will happen, then you are deluding yourself.

I will also note that it appears that you are, as I said, not actually an Episcopalian but part of some breakaway sect.

I think we've learned that if a restaurant's food is good, people really don't care about the politics of the company's CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Do you honestly believe that nationwide equal rights for gay people, including same sex marriage is not inevitable? I'd say that if you do, then you haven't been paying attention. Gay people are being legally married in the US. It's only a matter of time before the Supreme Court says that if a state recognizes heterosexual marriages performed in another state then they have to recognize homosexual marriages performed in another state. It's only a matter of time before the military starts treating gay spouses as equals to heterosexual spouses. I'd say that if you don't think that will happen, then you are deluding yourself.

I will also note that it appears that you are, as I said, not actually an Episcopalian but part of some breakaway sect.

Therein lies the big problem. We allowed "the STATE" to define "marriage". Had it been left to the religious nature of the institutions and not to the "spoils" of what goodies people can get from the government, nobody would be arguing about gay marriage today.

Which begs another issue. If two gays are married and approved by "the STATE", does that make it any more so in Gods eyes?

Nope.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think we've learned that if a restaurant's food is good, people really don't care about the politics of the company's CEO.
    Chick-fil-A's Anti Gay Problem and Potential Future Discrimination Lawsuits

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 12:36am PDT
    Chick-fil-A Could Be Jumping Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire

Chick-fil-A has created a significant risk for themselves in any future employment discrimination claims based on sexual orientation because it will be hard for them to argue that an anti-gay culture does not exist within the company from the top to bottom.

At-Will Employees May Be Terminated Without Cause But Not For Discriminatory Reasons

Unless you're a member of a Labor Union, or have negotiated an employment contract with your employer, you are probably an at-will employee which means that you or your employer can end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason and with or without notice. In other words, an at-will employer does not have to have "good cause" to terminate an employee.

Judicial interpretation, however, of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 continues to evolve placing sexual orientation into the group of protected class of workers along with other familiar ones including race, sex, and religion. Many states have also passed their own legislation protecting individuals from discrimination based on sexual orientation. This means that adverse employment decisions based on an employee's sexual orientation is unlawful discrimination. Simply put, any adverse employment decision by Chick-fil-A against a gay employee would be illegal. An adverse employment decision could be failing to promote an otherwise qualified gay employee, punitive transfers or shift changes, any kind of discipline or wrongful termination. If the employment action is based in any part on an employee's gay status, it is illegal.

Typically, in an employment discrimination or wrongful termination claim based on protected class, a defendant employer will almost always argue the adverse employment decision was made because of an employee's poor performance and not the fact that the employee was gay, or black or pregnant, or muslim. Discriminated employees have a tough time at trial proving that the employer cultivated a discriminatory environment against a particular protected class. Often times an employer's denial is persuasive, at the Widget Company we would never fire an employee because they are gay. The problem for Chick-fil-A as a result of the current controversy is they've done a lot of the work for a potential plaintiff who may file a claim for discrimination or hostile work environment based on sexual orientation. Chick-fil-A's protestations in the event of future discrimination claims by gay employees, that Chick-fil-A would never discriminate against gay employees could well ring hollow for many jurors. There are a reported 1600 Chick-fil-A restaurants across the country, with thousands of employees. Some of them are gay. What happens when they decide they're no longer going to keep their sexual orientation a private matter?

http://www.angellawpc.com/Portland-P...tial-Futu.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

You already have equal rights but you want special rights, just wish your kind would come out and say it and be honest.

How long before the gays start suing churches for not marrying them? Please dont waste your time telling me it wont happen just like gays said if the got civil unions they'd be happy. No they wont be happy till everyone approves of their filthy lifestyle choices.

Chick-fil-A's Anti Gay Problem and Potential Future Discrimination Lawsuits
    You are such an idiot. OK, I'll play; #1, show me 1 statement by Dan Cathy where he says he's anti gay and #2, I'm still waiting for a name of 1 person, gay or otherwise, that was discriminated against by CFA. I'll wait(of course in vain because you've yet to substantiate any of your baseless claims so far so I shouldn't expect to be different).
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.