Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You are such an idiot. OK, I'll play; #1, show me 1 statement by Dan Cathy where he says he's anti gay and #2, I'm still waiting for a name of 1 person, gay or otherwise, that was discriminated against by CFA. I'll wait(of course in vain because you've yet to substantiate any of your baseless claims so far so I shouldn't expect to be different).
    Why he forgets to mention is that every restaurant is privately owned and not run by the corporation, so its going to be hard to prove a company wide conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Do you honestly believe that nationwide equal rights for gay people, including same sex marriage is not inevitable? I'd say that if you do, then you haven't been paying attention. Gay people are being legally married in the US. It's only a matter of time before the Supreme Court says that if a state recognizes heterosexual marriages performed in another state then they have to recognize homosexual marriages performed in another state. It's only a matter of time before the military starts treating gay spouses as equals to heterosexual spouses. I'd say that if you don't think that will happen, then you are deluding yourself.

I will also note that it appears that you are, as I said, not actually an Episcopalian but part of some breakaway sect.
    Wrong again. I have even sat on the Florida Diocese's Communication Committee as a technical consultant for 2 years. The National Church doesn't not dictate the beliefs and practices of our parish. I posted a link to my parishes web site. You could easily look up our parish's affiliation with Diocese using the Diocese's web site (I believe there is a link to on our site).

See, you don't understand how the Episcopal Church operates. The Presiding Bishop can not, to a large degree, dictate at the parish level, only the Diocesan Bishop can do that and our Bishop (John Howard) has no intention of allowing same sex blessings in the Diocese. The liberals in the Diocese aren't too happy about this but that is the way things work. Until this convention parishes could reject priests and lay ministers on the basis of sexual orientation or gender.

I don't believe that same sex marriage across the nation is inevitable, I believe that it is probably but that is not the same thing as being inevitable. Marriage has always been a state's rights issue and I don't think that the SCOTUS will change that anytime soon.

I am far from deluded and I don't believe many social changes be inevitable because what is a social fad today can easily be a forgotten memory tomorrow. That homosexuals should not be discriminated against in housing and employment and all other social rights I support. However, I don't see marriage as a right.

Here is a thought, why don't the movers and shakers of the gay community strive to have civil unions made the law of the land and leave marriage to religion. It would work like this, a marriage via a church would be a civil union (from a legal stand point) but a civil union would not be the same a marriage (from a religious stand point). They both would have basically the same legal standing.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 08-07-2012 at 02:35 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think we've learned that if a restaurant's food is good, people really don't care about the politics of the company's CEO.
    End. Of. Thread.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Chick-fil-A's Anti Gay Problem and Potential Future Discrimination Lawsuits
    So Chick-Fil-A coming out and saying that they are for traditional marriage is discriminating? O.k When are you going to file a discrimination lawsuit against the other 80% of the country?

I will say it again: The only bigots I see in this whole thing are he people screaming that just because someone believes in traditional marriage they are discriminating.

This is just another way for you gays to shove your lifestyle down our throats. Well, I will say most gays. I know quite a few gays that agree with the 1st amendment and find nothing wrong with what Mr. Cathy said. It is the few that are cry baby boo hoo's about it that ruin it for the rest.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Chick-fil-A's Anti Gay Problem and Potential Future Discrimination Lawsuits

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 12:36am PDT
    Chick-fil-A Could Be Jumping Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire

Chick-fil-A has created a significant risk for themselves in any future employment discrimination claims based on sexual orientation because it will be hard for them to argue that an anti-gay culture does not exist within the company from the top to bottom.

At-Will Employees May Be Terminated Without Cause But Not For Discriminatory Reasons

Unless you're a member of a Labor Union, or have negotiated an employment contract with your employer, you are probably an at-will employee which means that you or your employer can end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason and with or without notice. In other words, an at-will employer does not have to have "good cause" to terminate an employee.

Judicial interpretation, however, of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 continues to evolve placing sexual orientation into the group of protected class of workers along with other familiar ones including race, sex, and religion. Many states have also passed their own legislation protecting individuals from discrimination based on sexual orientation. This means that adverse employment decisions based on an employee's sexual orientation is unlawful discrimination. Simply put, any adverse employment decision by Chick-fil-A against a gay employee would be illegal. An adverse employment decision could be failing to promote an otherwise qualified gay employee, punitive transfers or shift changes, any kind of discipline or wrongful termination. If the employment action is based in any part on an employee's gay status, it is illegal.

Typically, in an employment discrimination or wrongful termination claim based on protected class, a defendant employer will almost always argue the adverse employment decision was made because of an employee's poor performance and not the fact that the employee was gay, or black or pregnant, or muslim. Discriminated employees have a tough time at trial proving that the employer cultivated a discriminatory environment against a particular protected class. Often times an employer's denial is persuasive, at the Widget Company we would never fire an employee because they are gay. The problem for Chick-fil-A as a result of the current controversy is they've done a lot of the work for a potential plaintiff who may file a claim for discrimination or hostile work environment based on sexual orientation. Chick-fil-A's protestations in the event of future discrimination claims by gay employees, that Chick-fil-A would never discriminate against gay employees could well ring hollow for many jurors. There are a reported 1600 Chick-fil-A restaurants across the country, with thousands of employees. Some of them are gay. What happens when they decide they're no longer going to keep their sexual orientation a private matter?

http://www.angellawpc.com/Portland-P...tial-Futu.aspx

Still talking potential lawsuits? I guess you still haven't found any real case situations of Chick-Fil-a discriminating against gays, or you would be citing them.

Still talking potential lawsuits? I guess you still haven't found any real case situations of Chick-Fil-a discriminating against gays, or you would be citing them.
    He must have the same source as Harry Reid giving him his information.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Here is a thought, why don't the movers and shakers of the gay community strive to have civil unions made the law of the land and leave marriage to religion. It would work like this, a marriage via a church would be a civil union (from a legal stand point) but a civil union would not be the same a marriage (from a religious stand point). They both would have basically the same legal standing.
    But isn't this tantamount to a separate-but-equal argument?

One thing we found out is just what a hate filled, bigoted, religion hating crybaby with no facts to back up his lame assed arguments Novaheart really is.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    But isn't this tantamount to a separate-but-equal argument?
    How is that separate but equal?

Couples in both sets are bound to each other by the law of the land and have the same rights and are under the same laws. Marriage becomes solely a religious ceremony that happens to be recognized as act that defines a civil union. If a particular religion wants to marry same sex couple then they can do so. Christians that believe they cannot morally join same sex couple in matrimony will not be legally obligated to.

Admittedly this is just a tautological difference but it puts and end to the war between both parties because each get what it wants. Christians get to keep their rite untainted and same sex marriage proponents get the equality they say they want with heterosexuals. In fact many heterosexual couples with go the civil union route instead of the religious one.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I think we've learned that if a restaurant's food is good, people really don't care about the politics of the company's CEO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    End. Of. Thread.
    Wrong. Chick-Fil-A's products could cure cancer and moonbat liberals will still not eat there.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.