Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Caption This: DNC 2012 Logo Revealed at Convention Kick-off Rally in Charlotte 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Today, the DNC had their kick-off rally here in Charlotte for the official one-year countdown til next year’s convention, which will be held here in the Queen City:

As many as 2,000 people from around the region filled the concourse at Charlotte’s Time-Warner Cable Arena this morning for the official kick-off rally for the 2012 Democratic National Convention.

National Democratic Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz unveiled the convention logo — a red, white and blue circle patterned after President Obama’s 2008 campaign logo.

And Wasserman Schultz made clear that the point of the convention is Obama’s re-election.

“I don’t have to tell you how important North Carolina is going to be to the next presidential election,” she announced. “Together we’ll keep North Carolina blue.”

In 2008 Obama carried the state by 14,000 votes. Also today, the Republican National Committee launched a radio ad in North Carolina and seven other states Obama carried, blasting his record on jobs, health care and spending.

Former Mayor Harvey Gantt, like Wasserman Schultz, touted the fact that this would be “the first convention in history to be funded by the people.”

http://sistertoldjah.com/archives/20...-in-charlotte/

COMMENTS:

Looks like a cradle to me. How’s this for a GAG-ME motto: Cradle to grave, we’re your federal family
    Yeah Jane, I like that motto. And the sooner ol’ people like I (me?) get out of the way, the better the family will like it......We Are the World?.... You mean the National Anthem?
    Jane Galt: That is a great motto! When I looked at the logo, what came to my mind was: from nothing, to nothing.
    When I first saw it, the thought that immediately went through my po’ ol’ mind was, “I wonder if the people who created Mad Magazine’s Alfred E. Newman have given their OK for this?”.......Visualize the white interior as the head, not the blue, and if you can, visualize that goofy tooth-gap grin of Newman’s!.......How utterly fitting this is.
    Kind of has a creepy “we are the world” feeling to it, doesn’t it?

It’s creepy, but I didn’t get the WATW vibe. I think it’s more like the common scene in zombie horror movies where the Living Dead walk mindlessly toward you en masse. For example, check the cover art on this horror classic. Notice the resemblance between the zombies on the DVD box and the Obamabots in the logo?

The more I think about it, it’s really appropriate, since the Obamabots are (1) mindless drones, (2) looking to destroy any living economy, and (3) in Chicago at least, the dead who will be voting for him.

Banned
    Obummer lucked up the last time around. Debbie is full of crap if she thinks that NC or any southern state will go in the Democratic column in 012.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia

Not a pretty picture.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Looks like a bunch of people in a wine glass. Maybe they're going to have to tie one on in order to support Obama.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Looks like a bunch of people in a wine glass. Maybe they're going to have to tie one on in order to support Obama.
    about the only way they'll be able to get even the whine-o's to vote for this idiot
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Looks like a bunch of people in a wine glass.
    Or circling the toilet bowl...
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Or circling the toilet bowl...
    Actually, more like in the toilet bowl. Maybe the graphic needs a toilet tank and a flush valve in the picture to make it really sing.

On edit: I think that this may work:

Last edited by Odysseus; 09-09-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    Brilliant!
    --Odysseus