Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 My car broke down today and 5 minutes later a cop 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Wait till you read some of the responses...

Mon Aug 6, 2012, 05:18 PM
    hedgehog

My car broke down today and 5 minutes later a cop

Last edited Mon Aug 6, 2012, 05:19 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    came along to make sure I was OK, that a tow truck was on the way and to check that I wasn't a hazard to traffic where I was.

He even waited 5 minutes while I was on a borrowed cell phone talking to AAA!
    The OP is fine, some of the DUmmie answers...well, you know.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    On a down note, I saw a t shirt the other evening in Sweetbay that if indeed the person wearing it is a police officer then it reflects badly on him and a police culture which would lead him to believe that it's acceptable to wear such a shirt.

I decided to assume that he was not a real police officer, maybe a guard or something.

Of course, I just happened to be wearing my favorite shirt: A free people ought to be armed.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Not long after 9/11, the former Mrs. Wiggum & I bought a brand new automobile. I worked in the western 'burbs of Chicago, on my way on an expressway one Friday morning when I noticed that all the cars in front of me were swerving wildly. Figured out why when I saw this giant hunk of metal in the road, which I guess everyone was running over. Only had one flat tire thankfully, as did about 20 other cars who pulled over.

Only about 900 miles on the thing, had never looked to check the spare or jack situation. It was all there, so went ahead & started putting the spare on. Maybe it was the proximity to O'Hare, don't know for sure, but a cop pulled up to myself & all of the other cars repairing their flats. He asked for license/registration/insurance. Thought that was really odd, was just fixing a damn flat.

Made it to work a bit late, no big deal. Went to get a new tire during my lunch hour & the dude at the tire shop had the gall to ask if I wanted four new ones. He had already written down the mileage, and I gave him a look like...WTF??? Just one please.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

My car broke down today and 5 minutes later a cop jumped out of the bushes....
    Hey, it had to be done.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Hey, it had to be done.
    :D :thumbup:
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    On a down note, I saw a t shirt the other evening in Sweetbay that if indeed the person wearing it is a police officer then it reflects badly on him and a police culture which would lead him to believe that it's acceptable to wear such a shirt.

I decided to assume that he was not a real police officer, maybe a guard or something.

Of course, I just happened to be wearing my favorite shirt: A free people ought to be armed.

Fuck you you fucking asshole. What happened, a cop caught you sucking dick in public and gave you a hard time about it? Today, a "guard or something" had to go to the hospital because a poor, poor inmate decided to jump him. So fuck you and all of your own. Tell you what sweet knees, you hate, cops, fine. If you find yourself in trouble, don't call them to help you. If you do, you're an even bigger hypocrite than you already are.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Fuck you you fucking asshole. What happened, a cop caught you sucking dick in public and gave you a hard time about it? Today, a "guard or something" had to go to the hospital because a poor, poor inmate decided to jump him. So fuck you and all of your own. Tell you what sweet knees, you hate, cops, fine. If you find yourself in trouble, don't call them to help you. If you do, you're an even bigger hypocrite than you already are.
    Oh my! You like cops don't you....
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Dude. Chill. Seriously.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

As a single women who didn't always buy a new car every 5-7 years, I've been helped by cops when I've had car trouble. They call a tow, usually, and once, pushed my car off the road.

A guy in Army fatigues once stopped and put my spare on for me when I had a flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Hey, it had to be done.
    That was exactly what I was thinking
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.