1. #1 Afternoon in Venice 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I surprised SLW today saying "Lets take a drive down to Venice". Venice FL of course. It's about 20 miles south of us.

Had never walked around the town of Venice before, usually we just drive thru it on the way to
    Sharkys. We did a little shopping, found a place that had Christmas stuff on sale. Went out for a
    light lunch.

Then we drove to the North Jetty and I got some pics...

Pretty cloudy today as you can tell but in the 90s and humid!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I hope you wore a coat !
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I hope you wore a coat !
    It was so hot that I wore a sleeveless blouse. Usually I'm always feel cool and drive SR crazy by turning off the overhead fan in the rooms. They went overboard with fans in this house. I know on HGTV the decorators start almost every remodeling scheme replacing fans with chandaliers. That might work in other parts of the country, but definitely not Florida.

That rocky coast near Venice was a jetty. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pics, but the birds floating on the water were brown pelicans.

The day was a success. We found a nice little place for lunch and then went to a gift shop were they were "celebrating" Christmas in July. I got some cool gifts for $1 each. Two had been $17.95 each and the rest were $15.95 retail. They'll make nice little stocking stuffer type gifts for neighbors and family members.

The surprise was that SR volunteered (his idea) to go to that nice little shopping area. I was totally amazed.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I love the pictures & the fact you had a greyt day together!

My dad lives kind of near there. He's currently in Rotonda West, but used to live in Englewood.

All I remember is old people, everywhere we went and looked. I don't know how you can stand driving there. Ugh. I prefer our end of I-75, where we all drive like maniacs.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My dad lives kind of near there. He's currently in Rotonda West, but used to live in Englewood.

All I remember is old people, everywhere we went and looked. I don't know how you can stand driving there. Ugh. I prefer our end of I-75, where we all drive like maniacs.

We just have old people driving like maniacs.
    May the FORCE be with you!