Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are larger forces at work against Mr. Lovitz than some of you would believe.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    There are larger forces at work against Mr. Lovitz than some of you would believe.

He was so funny as the devil. My favorite episode was The People's Court mockup. He was part of the 2nd best ever SNL cast.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know if Dana Carvey is a republican or not, but the Bush family is fond of him. GHW Bush thought his impersonation was amusing, and he has invited Carvey to visit before. Al Franken, of all people, noted this in one of his books, in which he describes an encounter he had in which he pestered Barbara Bush on a plane. Barbara referred to Dana as a "good person" in a manner that conveyed that she did not feel the same way about Franken-the story is funny, and does not make the former first lady look bad.
    Carvey keeps it close to his chest. He has said that he enjoys having both sides laugh when he lampoons politicians, so he doesn't want to be obviously on one side or another. It's basically the same way that National Lampoon used to be when PJ O'Rourke was editor. There were attacks on everybody, so you had to be really thin-skinned to take offense.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know if Dana Carvey is a republican or not, but the Bush family is fond of him. GHW Bush thought his impersonation was amusing, and he has invited Carvey to visit before. Al Franken, of all people, noted this in one of his books, in which he describes an encounter he had in which he pestered Barbara Bush on a plane. Barbara referred to Dana as a "good person" in a manner that conveyed that she did not feel the same way about Franken-the story is funny, and does not make the former first lady look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Carvey keeps it close to his chest. He has said that he enjoys having both sides laugh when he lampoons politicians, so he doesn't want to be obviously on one side or another. It's basically the same way that National Lampoon used to be when PJ O'Rourke was editor. There were attacks on everybody, so you had to be really thin-skinned to take offense.
    Didn't Bush Sr. have Dana Carvey at the White House impersonating him?

Yeah here it is:

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....