Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    whew! I was feeling so guilty!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

No need to feel guilty when you have a good heart LL. :)

The greatest thing for which we have to be grateful is, IMHO, the fact that we do not have to judge. We fight our fiight. We bear the burden. We do our part....and beyond that...it is not in our hands....

Shall not the Judge of the earth do right.....?

I reckon so.

Be at peace.

And may the Senator find peace.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

3. #23 Go 
    Hell, I feel guilty (almost) for not wishing him a painful slow death. I know what he has done.
    ________
    VAPOR BUDDY REVIEW
    Last edited by Scarlet; 04-18-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Hell, I feel guilty (almost) for not wishing him a painful slow death. I know what he has done.
    I like you.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

A terrible end for Ted.

I disagree with Ted on nearly everything political. As for Ted the man, I feel bad for him.

His family must be undergoing much pain.:(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Teddy's a catholic. Pain at the end is good for him according to his faith. It cleanses the soul and shortens ones time in purgatory.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    One thing I have always heard about Ted Kennedy was that he was always one of the very best at standing up for his constituents or anyone that got a hold of him personally with a greivience. If you actually spoke to him and needed something, he would tend to you and help you as best he could to find a solution for you. I agree in no way with the man's beliefs, but like Reagan, I think that he was a true believer in what he preached. Can't fault him there.

I don't know. Ted Kennedy has been around as a highly visible part of the senate for my whole life it seems. Gonna be strange to know of a Senate without him.

My dad died of brain cancer last year. His mind was completely gone in the end and I wish that on no one and would never wish another family to deal with it. My prayers are with his family and with him.

You think he's going to heaven?????
    I don't know. Since he is a Catholic (as I am) we have purgatory, which is "a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions."

It certainly doesn't make up for what he did, but my faith has me believe that he's not off the hook.

Sonnabend
    I have always wondered if there was a Kennedy curse....both of his brothers cut down savagely, another dying in an air accident...he has had his share of grief and sorrow.

More than any should have had to endure.I disapprove of what he believes...I cannot find it in my heart to forgive him for the death of Mary Jo Kopechne..but I will not wish any further pain upon this man.

May he find in death, the peace that was denied him in life.

I will pray for him.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    I don't know. Since he is a Catholic (as I am) we have purgatory, which is "a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions."

It certainly doesn't make up for what he did, but my faith has me believe that he's not off the hook.
    As a non-Catholic I've always pictured time in purgatory as a long layover in a not well-maintained Greyhound bus station.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken