Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Gas prices climb 30 cents a gallon 

Gas prices climb 30 cents a gallon

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Gas prices continued their slow but steady march higher Tuesday, surpassing a nationwide average of $3.63 cents a gallon on the back of refinery problems in the United States and higher crude oil prices globally.

Nationwide average gasoline prices are now 30 cents higher than they were just five weeks ago. They are now at the midway mark between this year's high price of $3.94 a gallon -- hit April 5 -- and the recent low of $3.33 hit just over five weeks ago, according to AAA.

By this weekend, gasoline prices will likely be higher than they were a year ago at this time, according to Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst at the Oil Price Information Service.

CNNMoney

------------------------------------

I will glady pay $4+ /gal gas temporarily if it helps people on the left wake up to help oust the marxist and the wookie from office this next election. Somehow I dont think we shall be that lucky though.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

There was also a fire that will hurt my area...

A fire at Chevron Corp. (CVX)’s Richmond oil refinery in California pushed gasoline prices higher today as it disrupted fuel output at the state’s third-largest crude- processing plant.
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...asoline-higher

Fabulous Poster
    When I drove cross country last month, gasoline was $3.19 in St Pete, $2.99 in Mississippi, and about $3.29 to $3.43 elsewhere except for the gougers. There were these places (Willcox AZ, Lost Hills CA, and all of the Bay Area) which charged 50˘ per gallon more than the going rate. I guess some people just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    When I drove cross country last month, gasoline was $3.19 in St Pete, $2.99 in Mississippi, and about $3.29 to $3.43 elsewhere except for the gougers. There were these places (Willcox AZ, Lost Hills CA, and all of the Bay Area) which charged 50˘ per gallon more than the going rate. I guess some people just don't care.
    Lost Hills Ca!!! I am surprised you did not lose a kidney or the gold in you teeth.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

It dropped 10 cents in the last couple of days, from 3.99 to 3.89.

I'm guessing it will be back around 3.50 for Labor Day weekend. Our in-state tourism industry is counting on that. If metro Detroiters can't afford to drive, then Traverse City, Holland, etc., will miss out on all that business.

I'm going to St. Joseph for the weekend, but I'm staying with family, so only the gas companies will be making money off of me. The beach is free. We used to go to Traverse City for Labor Day, but we no longer have access to Grandpa's house. It wouldn't be the same without him, anyways.

I have not paid over $3.39 all summer. At one point we were under $3.00. One fill up with my grocery store discount I paid $2.69. (30 cents off) Even in Las Vegas prices are around 3.40 a gallon right now. My town is 3.28.

Oil dropped today, that should help.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    [DUmode]Its obviously a KKKarl Rove plot to steal the elections to anoint Mitt as king![/DUmode]
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Who did the infographic?

Where can we find a side by side comparo to the evil oil tycoon G-DUB during his years? O Blah Blah made a big deal of the "excessively high prices" while he was campaigning. Now the hypocritical pile of feces is craw fishing and claiming their is little he can do.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Where can we find a side by side comparo to the evil oil tycoon G-DUB during his years? O Blah Blah made a big deal of the "excessively high prices" while he was campaigning. Now the hypocritical pile of feces is craw fishing and claiming their is little he can do.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/03/04/...on-gas-prices/
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.