Thread: 'Dying for work' billboard startles Las Vegas drivers

1. #1 'Dying for work' billboard startles Las Vegas drivers 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igsC42By6bM

'Dying for work' billboard startles Las Vegas drivers

A shocking billboard in Las Vegas adorned with the words “dying for work” and a mannequin dangling from a noose will be removed after motorists thought the dummy was a real person.

Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Jeremie Elliott said the agency began receiving reports of the black billboard with white lettering along Interstate 15 near Bonanza Road at about 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Elliott told The Associated Press the billboard appears to be a publicity stunt and it's unclear who's responsible. The billboard space appears to belong to Lamar Advertising, Fox5Vegas.com reports. Representatives from the company said the billboard was an act of vandalism.

Authorities are now focused on removing the billboard so it doesn’t distract drivers, Elliot said.

An investigation into the incident — if any — will be handled by the Las Vegas Metro Police, the Nevada Department of Transportation said.

Another billboard on South Highland Avenue was later spotted with a hanging mannequin and the words "hope you're happy Wall St.," Fox5Vegas.com reports. It's unclear what is being done about that billboard, the website reports.

Foxnews

------------------------------------

Why didn't they show Zippy holding the rope?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

What is illegal about it, if it was a cross floating in urine with an anti christian statement under it, there would be nothing wrong.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What is illegal about it, if it was a cross floating in urine with an anti christian statement under it, there would be nothing wrong.
    The billboard company said it was an act of vandalism. But continue in your tiresome and stupid rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The billboard company said it was an act of vandalism. But continue in your tiresome and stupid rant.
    I thought the billboard was paid for.
    Keep it up Nancy and you'll find out what we are all tired of.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 08-09-2012 at 02:00 AM.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I'm sure they rec'd several 911 calls when people first seen the dummy hanging.

Harry Reid has not done much to help our unemployment, that is for sure.

In my county unemployment is over 21% and is 19% in my town. I've been lucky to have the same job for over four years & hold onto my health insurance. I've even had a few raises.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Sounds like OWS occupied the billboard. However, it could be performance art. It's so hard to tell nowadays whether a stinking bum in a park is simply a derelict, a political statement or an artistic one.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!