Thread: UPDATE: Bob Novak's Health,A statement from the Novak family:

Hybrid View

1. #1 UPDATE: Bob Novak's Health,A statement from the Novak family: 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    UPDATE: Bob Novak's Health,
    A statement from the Novak family:

Exploratory surgery was completed yesterday with no complications. Detailed results are not back yet but Mr. Novak is expected to start therapy soon.

A Short Bob Novak Bio .

Robert Novak

Robert David Sanders "Bob" Novak (born February 26, 1931) is a conservative American political commentator, syndicated columnist and journalist who writes the longest-running current U.S. syndicated political column (45 years, as of February 2008).

Early years and personal life

Novak was born into a Jewish family in Joliet, Illinois. He converted to become a Roman Catholic in 1998. His journalism career began when he was in high school as a student-writer for the Joliet Herald-News, his hometown newspaper. After high school, he attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (U of I) from 19481952. While attending University of Illinois, he became a brother of Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity. He continued gaining journalism experience as a sports writer for the Daily Illini (DI), the student newspaper at University of Illinois.

However, his disappointment at not being named Sports Editor his senior year caused him to quit the DI and go to work for the local community newspaper, The Champaign-Urbana Courier, where he was also a sportswriter.

After four years at University of Illinois, Novak was one course short of graduating, and when he left the university to become a full-time journalist, he did so without a degree (Some forty years later, the University of Illinois saw fit to award Novak sufficient credits from his career in journalism to qualify him for a degree, and he became an Illinois graduate).

Over his career, Novak became well-known as a columnist (writing Inside Report since 1963) and as a television personality (appearing on many shows for CNN, most notably on three former programs, The Capital Gang, Crossfire, and Evans, Novak, Hunt, & Shields.

Novak announced that he had been diagnosed with a brain tumor and that his prognosis was "dire" on August 4, 2008, and that he was retiring.However, on August 27, 2008, he resumed writing opinion columns distributed by Creators Syndicate.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlD...alth_90430.asp

Keep the Novaks and the Kennedys in your prayers, folks.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana