Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pelosi helps Reid double-down on Romney taxes smear; PolitiFact says "pants on fire" 
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...tml?1344263071

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) fired back at Republicans accusing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) of lying about a Bain Capital investor telling him that Mitt Romney hadn't paid taxes in 10 years. They don’t know what they're talking about, Pelosi says.

"Harry Reid made a statement that is true. Somebody told him. It is a fact," Pelosi told The Huffington Post in a Sunday interview. "Whether he did or not can easily be disposed of: Mitt Romney can release his tax returns and show whether he paid taxes."
    So... it's a fact that he's claiming that somebody told him? Idiots.

PolitiFact has deemed Reid's claim to be utter b.s.:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-him-mitt-rom/

Reid has said Romney paid no taxes for 10 years. It was no slip of the tongue. He repeated the claim on at least two more occasions, at one point saying that "the word is out" when in fact it was only Reid who put that "word" out.

Reid has produced no evidence to back up his claim other than attribution to a shadowy anonymous source. Romney has denied the claim, and tax experts back him up, saying that the nature of Romney's investments in Bain make it highly unlikely he would have been able to avoid paying taxes altogether -- especially for 10 years.

Reid has made an extreme claim with nothing solid to back it up. Pants on Fire!

Someone should tell Pelosi and Reid to release their tax returns.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    That would require the lame-stream media to be neutral and unbiased.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    That would require the lame-stream media to be neutral and unbiased.
    Yeah, that is true. We know that will never happen.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    No, somebody should ask them why Obama can't release his college records.

Then, that same person should ask Harry Reid about the crooked land deal that he made over $1 million from, without actually owning the land. And, they should rub his nose in the Clear Channel letter and how he tried to weasel into the charitable contribution that Rush made. Reid is a disgusting human being, and the only reason that I can see for the people of Nevada to keep reelecting him is that it keeps him on the other side of the continent.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, somebody should ask them why Obama can't release his college records.

Then, that same person should ask Harry Reid about the crooked land deal that he made over $1 million from, without actually owning the land. And, they should rub his nose in the Clear Channel letter and how he tried to weasel into the charitable contribution that Rush made. Reid is a disgusting human being, and the only reason that I can see for the people of Nevada to keep reelecting him is that it keeps him on the other side of the continent.
    And the problem with his Selective Service card, and the Social Security card etc.

Scary that we how more about an Assyrian king like Ashurbanipal than we do Barack Hussein Obama.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    And the problem with his Selective Service card, and the Social Security card etc.

Scary that we how more about an Assyrian king like Ashurbanipal than we do Barack Hussein Obama.
    Ashurbanipal didn't have to hide a past as a community organizer.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Pelosi also said.....

"This is the E. coli club," she said of conservatives, suggesting over-the-top spending cuts would lead to serious consequences.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz22zbDj6JU

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Reid is a disgusting human being
    Goes with being a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Goes with being a liberal.
    No, there are liberals out there who aren't pond scum, but Reid is truly despicable. I came to loathe him when he tried to weasel in on the $2 million that Rush Limbaugh gave to a Marine Corps charity by auctioning off the letter that Reid circulated among senate Democrats to try to pressure Clear Channel to remove Rush's show from the network, after falsely claiming that Rush had smeared veterans. It is one of the most mendacious pieces of public speaking that I've ever heard, and you can actually hear him stumbling through the speech, as he knows that he's lying and expects someone to call him on it at any moment. This slander is just another example of Reid's pervasive dishonesty. Had he said it outside of the senate, he'd be liable for defamation and slander, but he made sure that he said it in the well of the senate, where he cannot be touched.
    --Odysseus