Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Stick to the homosexual threads.....at least there you can speak from first-hand knowledge. Politics is obviously not your strong suit.

doc
    Neither are the homosexual threads.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I guess that's why he was the first governor in US history to survive a recall vote, plus he's also managed to turn a state that for decades has been known as the birthplace of US liberal politics from near bankruptcy into a surplus.......

Stick to the homosexual threads.....at least there you can speak from first-hand knowledge. Politics is obviously not your strong suit.

doc
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Governor Scott is about as popular as mosquitoes right now.
    Oh no! Scott is "unpopular" among lowlife liberals that hated him before their failed recall.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I think Ryan is a good choice. He has sounds ideas, debates well, and is hard to portray as some sort of right wing wacko, although we all know the Dims will try. I have seen him attacked and he doesn't flinch; always has a good response.

Paint Wisconsin red.
    I agree for several reaons:

1. Who said that the TEA Party is dead? They have gone from rallies and demonstrations to quietly electing candidates, and thusly changing the Republican Party from the inside. Three years ago they were the subject of derision from the MSM, now members represent a substantial portion of congress, plus the number two man on the presidential ticket. Dead indeed.......

2. Ryan puts Wisconsin solidly in play. His district elected him by substantial margins in the past few congressional elections (in excess of 60%), and the same district was won by Obama in 2008, thus proving that even Democrats are willing to cross over and vote for him.

3. He reinforces Romney to the conservative base, particularly the social conservatives, and creates new appeal to the Catholic vote, which traditionally votes Dem as a group.

4. He appeals to independents, who realize that setting aside social issues, the economy is what this election is all about.

5. Unlike GWB, this pick sets up the potential for a "Republican Dynasty" in the White House due to his relative youth. Assuming Romney is elected, and serves two terms, he's staged for the top spot.

6. Ryan is an excellent speaker, and I simply can't wait to see him destroy that idiot Biden in a debate........that should be aired on Pay-Per-View, and someone could make a fortune......

doc

I guess that's why he was the first governor in US history to survive a recall vote, plus he's also managed to turn a state that for decades has been known as the birthplace of US liberal politics from near bankruptcy into a surplus.......

doc
    Um, guy, Gov. Walker of Wisconsin survived the recall, not Gov. Scott of Florida. Kind of makes your last line a new meaning of the word fail.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I Believe Romney made an excellent choice in Ryan .

Stole this from a Dummie: "Mittens and Munster 2012"
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Um, guy, Gov. Walker of Wisconsin survived the recall, not Gov. Scott of Florida. Kind of makes your last line a new meaning of the word fail.
    My bad.......I stand corrected......

In fact with apologies to Nova, Scott has current approval ratings of about 31%, he's right....

doc

In fact with apologies to Nova, Scott has current approval ratings of about 31%, he's right....

doc
    Meh, me too. The ratings are unreliable though. Look at O Blah Blah. He's "popular" too and he is the biggest failure in history.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

And "true conservative" Mike 123456789 still won't be satisfied.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Meh, me too. The ratings are unreliable though. Look at O Blah Blah. He's "popular" too and he is the biggest failure in history.
    I'd agree that the ratings are open to question, as they seem to have plunged when Scott announced that he was "purging" the voter rolls in Florida of ineligable voters........one has to question how many illegals comprise the approval sample that arrived at the numbers.

Either floridians are as dumb as they are portrayed on the internet, or there is some underlying cause that isn't readily apparent. Correcting voter registrations should be seen as a plus for those that are really eligible for the franchise.

doc

doc
    Scott's popularity is drummed down by the constant front page slams at him by the very liberal press here. They will never give him credit for the good job he's been doing and ridicule anything and everything that he does. He actually is turning the state around, as much as one person possibly can.

The problem with Florida is the large number of Northern libs moving here from NY and NJ. I hate to sound like Gator, but he was right on some things. This is one of them. The new residents are turning a former pretty solid Republican state into a purple state. My sister told me that there are very few nasty ads in the St Louis area (presidential), because the democrats have pretty much conceeded Missouri to the Republicans. Maybe we should return there, as I'm getting so sick of listening to all these lying Dem ads here in Florida.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW