1. Who said that the TEA Party is dead? They have gone from rallies and demonstrations to quietly electing candidates, and thusly changing the Republican Party from the inside. Three years ago they were the subject of derision from the MSM, now members represent a substantial portion of congress, plus the number two man on the presidential ticket. Dead indeed.......
2. Ryan puts Wisconsin solidly in play. His district elected him by substantial margins in the past few congressional elections (in excess of 60%), and the same district was won by Obama in 2008, thus proving that even Democrats are willing to cross over and vote for him.
3. He reinforces Romney to the conservative base, particularly the social conservatives, and creates new appeal to the Catholic vote, which traditionally votes Dem as a group.
4. He appeals to independents, who realize that setting aside social issues, the economy is what this election is all about.
5. Unlike GWB, this pick sets up the potential for a "Republican Dynasty" in the White House due to his relative youth. Assuming Romney is elected, and serves two terms, he's staged for the top spot.
6. Ryan is an excellent speaker, and I simply can't wait to see him destroy that idiot Biden in a debate........that should be aired on Pay-Per-View, and someone could make a fortune......
I Believe Romney made an excellent choice in Ryan .
Stole this from a Dummie: "Mittens and Munster 2012"
And "true conservative" Mike 123456789 still won't be satisfied.
Either floridians are as dumb as they are portrayed on the internet, or there is some underlying cause that isn't readily apparent. Correcting voter registrations should be seen as a plus for those that are really eligible for the franchise.
The problem with Florida is the large number of Northern libs moving here from NY and NJ. I hate to sound like Gator, but he was right on some things. This is one of them. The new residents are turning a former pretty solid Republican state into a purple state. My sister told me that there are very few nasty ads in the St Louis area (presidential), because the democrats have pretty much conceeded Missouri to the Republicans. Maybe we should return there, as I'm getting so sick of listening to all these lying Dem ads here in Florida.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|