Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I need the death toll to reach 200 or I lose my bet. Because it's not the religion of peace unless its not BIG.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    I need the death toll to reach 200 or I lose my bet. Because it's not the religion of peace unless its not BIG.
    I hate to say this, but you might just see it, just not in one incident. Right now, the Jihadis know that they have to supply carnage for our news cycle in order to influence our elections. They can't, however do as much as they'd like in Iraq or Afghanistan, although obviously, they will try. What I suspect we're going to see are a lot of small actions in areas where security is lax, softer targets that won't have any tactical or strategic importance beyond body counts and headlines, from now through the election. Yemen and Pakistan are obvious soft targets, because security is lax and the local population aids and abets the terrorists with a vengeance. Iraq and Afghanistan are tougher, because we control our AO and can take measures to reduce the threat. Based on that, the most likely COA is more attacks in peripheral locations, most likely Jordan, Egypt, Yemen (again), central Africa and the West Bank and Gaza, in short, anywhere that they can stage operations that will gain a body count with ostensibly American or Israeli targets, preferably with lots of big media outlets. As to whether or not they can coordinate the attacks so that they occur close enough together to form a "Tet" type of offensive, that will depend whether they have actual terror cells in place or are depending on local affiliates who may not have the same capacity to synch operations.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Reading and hearing about this attack today in the news and papers you have to assume it was an inside job. A fucking DUMP truck pulls up to a hotel at night??? Duh!
    Why didn't the friggen security pepper that cab right away?

How many times are we going to see the same MO? A massive bomb like that requires a dump truck or a tanker, it's happened over and over.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    If you can't see the difference between us and them, then you really have no concept of what goes on in the world.
    I have to look no further than Predator missions taking out vehicles full of bad guys - with no trial - no consideration of any children that might be riding in said vehicle, and not the slightest amount of recrimination for killing innocents after a Hellfire missile strikes the vehicle at twice the speed of sound.

This is where we're going.

It is cost effective, from the standpoint of not losing our fine folks. And, if we can keep each incident off the internet for at least a year after it happens, quite effective. That way the bleeding hearts don't have a chance to show the public what we're really becoming.

Face it Major - this is the only way to truly win.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I have to look no further than Predator missions taking out vehicles full of bad guys - with no trial - no consideration of any children that might be riding in said vehicle, and not the slightest amount of recrimination for killing innocents after a Hellfire missile strikes the vehicle at twice the speed of sound.

This is where we're going.

It is cost effective, from the standpoint of not losing our fine folks. And, if we can keep each incident off the internet for at least a year after it happens, quite effective. That way the bleeding hearts don't have a chance to show the public what we're really becoming.

Face it Major - this is the only way to truly win.
    Gee, let me get this straight, we're supposed to provide trials before we engage combatants on the battlefield? When did that become a requirement under the laws of warfare?

What color is the sky in your world?
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Gee, let me get this straight, we're supposed to provide trials before we engage combatants on the battlefield? When did that become a requirement under the laws of warfare?

What color is the sky in your world?

We're not, Major. That was my point. The difference between having boots on the ground - in force - becoming targets, and, of course, following some supposed International Law? With all due respect, wake up Sir.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

We're not, Major. That was my point. The difference between having boots on the ground - in force - becoming targets, and, of course, following some supposed International Law? With all due respect, wake up Sir.
    You really must learn to parse a sentence. It sounds like that's exactly what you're saying, that we are in violation of international law when we use a predator to take out a carload of terrorists.
    --Odysseus

You really must learn to parse a sentence. It sounds like that's exactly what you're saying, that we are in violation of international law when we use a predator to take out a carload of terrorists.
    Sorry for my lack of communication. But I think your 'Liberal Assumption' may be playing too great a roll in what you see.

We'll probably never commit another quarter-million man force to any single theater again.

Our technology will allow us to murder at a distance.

Trying to bring Democracy to the world is a waste of resource and considering our current and future financial condition as a nation, we'd be best to turn every embassy into nothing more tha a spy nest - to do nothing but identify satellite surveillance targets and use our limited cash to pay local snitches for fire mission intelligence.

The paring down and streamlining of a hyper-specialized military is the wave of the future - shifting mass purchases to the US Air Force and US Navy. All other entities will no doubt spend their careers supporting the supply line mission.

Sorry for my lack of communication. But I think your 'Liberal Assumption' may be playing too great a roll in what you see.

We'll probably never commit another quarter-million man force to any single theater again.

Trying to bring Democracy to the world is a waste of resource and considering our current and future financial condition as a nation, we'd be best to turn every embassy into nothing more tha a spy nest - to do nothing but identify satellite surveillance targets and use our limited cash to pay local snitches for fire mission intelligence.

The paring down and streamlining of a hyper-specialized military is the wave of the future - shifting mass purchases to the US Air Force and US Navy. All other entities will no doubt spend their careers supporting the supply line mission.
    As a general rule, the only people who find our very limited and careful selection of targets to be "murder" are the liberals, especially of the Cindy Sheehan variety. If the Birkenstock fits...

I remember reading about the way that nuclear weapons were going to make infantry obsolete after WWII. Didn't happen. Wars were supposed to be won solely by air power. Didn't happen. Now, drones, technology and financial ruin are going to make us either more lethal or impotent, depending on which way the wind is blowing. Give me a break.
    --Odysseus

Well, What do you call the bombing raids on Germany and Japan. Bombing is meant to kill. That's what happens in war. If you try to play by politically correct rules of engagement, the other side has no reason to call it quits. They just run to the safe base and wait it out. just like Germany in WWII, the populance of an enemy must learn war effects them, maybe they will help end it.
    You can't play by rules in war, you cheat, do what ever winning requires.