1. #1 Prominent Pediatrician Accused of Waterboarding 11-Year-Old Daughter 
    Link
    Dr. Melvin Morse, a well-known pediatrician who has appeared on national television, is now accused of waterboarding his 11-year-old daughter while his wife watched.

Child Services was called to investigate after a neighbor witnessed Morse drag his daughter across a driveway by her ankles. The girl then told police that Morse — who is also the author of two books on the subject of the near-death experiences of children — would hold her head under running faucets in the kitchen, bathroom and bathtub for up to four minutes at a time while her mother stood nearby.

According to Child Services, the 11-year-old says she didn’t know why she was being punished, but that she feared brain damage as a result of the abuse.

Morse’s attorney maintains that these allegations are completely false, and that Morse has no idea where his daughter may have learned about the term “waterboarding.”
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

If this is true, I don't know who is more of a monster, him or the mother. Maybe that's how he did some of his research on the near death experience in children.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    If this is true, I don't know who is more of a monster, him or the mother. Maybe that's how he did some of his research on the near death experience in children.
    This reminds me of a couple Dr Phil had on awhile back. The father was a judge and the mother pretty much stood there and watched him "spank" a teenaged girl with a belt. The teenager set up a hidden camera and posted it on youtube. He told the mom to hit her too, and she did just once I think.

People have lots of issues for sure.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Morse’s attorney maintains that these allegations are completely false, and that Morse has no idea where his daughter may have learned about the term “waterboarding.”
    This is why there should be a minimum age at DU.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

If it's true, he needs to jailed, stripped of any medical licenses he has, and placed in a cell with a large cellmate and a toilet. He'll get some near-death experiences to report on while there.

..................the 11-year-old says she didn’t know why she was being punished, but that she feared brain damage as a result of the abuse.
    I smell a crock.......

Four minutes? KSM lasted 20 seconds. And the 11 year old "fears brain damage"?

I think the 11 year old fears retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I smell a crock.......

Four minutes? KSM lasted 20 seconds. And the 11 year old "fears brain damage"?

I think the 11 year old fears retribution.
    A neighbor witnessed him dragging his daughter across the driveway by her heels, and called it in. That's a pretty clear cut case of abuse without the waterboarding allegations.

The girl could still be lying about the waterboarding, but there were grounds to intervene.