Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Game Of Thrones Author Trashes ‘Despicable’ GOP ... 

Game Of Thrones Author Trashes ‘Despicable’ GOP: ‘Racists Clad In The Skins Of Dead Elephants’

George R.R. Martin, author of the Game of Thrones novels that were adapted into HBO’s hit series took to the web this past weekend to air his grievances with the Republican Party.

In an angry post on his blog (LiveJournal? What is this, 2002?), the author ranted about what he believes to be “ongoing attempts at voter suppression in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Iowa, and other states where Republicans and their Teabagger allies control key seats of power.”

“It is one thing to attempt to win elections,” he continued. “But trying to do so by denying the most basic and important right of any American citizen to hundreds and thousands of people, on entirely spurious grounds… that goes beyond reprehensible. That is despicable.”

Martin is a self-described Democrat who has used his blog to get political before: he once wrote that President Barack Obama is “the most intelligent president we’ve had since Jimmy Carter.” >>>

Continuing on his anti-GOP rant, the sci-fi author concluded that “the people behind these efforts at disenfranchising large groups of voters (the young, the old, the black, the brown) are not Republicans, since clearly they have scant regard for our republic or its values. They are oligarchs and racists clad in the skins of dead elephants.”

Mediaite.com

-------------------------------------------------

Well, there goes another author and series I won't be reading or watching. I guess it's easier to write about a fantasy world if you already live in a fantasy world. Democrats were the party that supported slavery, the KKK, and Jim Crow. The white people at Selma were all Democrats. The GOP was founded for the purpose of abolishing slavery. Yet Republicans are the racists as the GOP just lets the lie be told so often, it becomes reality (for the uninformed and the left).
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I can't comment on voter suppression in other states, but I have been following the Ohio situation in the media. The Ohio GOP is ensuring that early voting is allowed in districts that voted for McCain in 2008, but blocking all early voting in Obama districts. When there is a split on the county elections boards' votes, the republican SOS has intervened and ruled against early voting in those counties. Of course the counties with the most voters (Hamilton, Fulton, etc.) are the ones that went for Obama in 2008.

This has nothing to do with preventing voter fraud. It has everything to do with stacking the electorate to favor one side.

The only way in which anyone, of either party, can say that this is okay is if they want to win at any cost, including preventing legally eligible americans from voting.

Incidentally, my state doesn't have early voting, but it is a statewide rule.

Martin is a self-described Democrat who has used his blog to get political before: he once wrote that President Barack Obama is “the most intelligent president we’ve had since Jimmy Carter.
    Now I know this man is lost. Wow .. Jimmy Carter was a terrible President, and obama is gaining on the step to be worse than him. He says Carter was an intelligent President? I want some of whatever this guy is smoking. *face palm*
    Last edited by LukeEDay; 08-14-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Grammar ....

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Jabba the Hutt wrote Game of Thrones?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Now I know this man is lost. Wow .. Jimmy Carter was a terrible President, and obama is gaining on the step to be worse than him. He says Carter was an intelligent President? I want some of whatever this guy is smoking. *face palm*
    Truth be told, Barry has Carter in his rear view mirrow.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Truth be told, Barry has Carter in his rear view mirrow.
    Well, we haven't had gas rationing under obama yet. But other than that, I would agree that Carter is in his rear view mirror.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Well, we haven't had gas rationing under obama yet. But other than that, I would agree that Carter is in his rear view mirror.
    At this point, he should see Carter in every mirror.

I think that the OP puts the lie to HBO's argument that having a severed head of GWB in the movie was an "accident". This guy has BDS all over him.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

hey Martin, stick to what you're good at, writing books.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    hey Martin, stick to what you're good at, writing books.
    Wow. The meaning of "what you're good at" sure has changed a lot.

I haven't read the books, but I am totally hooked on the HBO series. Anyone who watches it should know that Martin is not exactly a conservative-homosexuality is depicted on the show as a normal thing, although some of the soldiers joke about it as it pertains to Remly, who was married to his lover's sister, but was killed off last season.