1. #1 Some in GOP Don't Want the Romney-Ryan Ticket to Win 

Some Establishment GOP Consultants Don't Want the Romney-Ryan Ticket to Win

RUSH: Now, folks, stop what you're doing and look at me for a second. There are two stories out today, one from TheHill.com and the other from Politico. They essentially say the same thing. The Hill: "Republicans strategists are worried that Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) addition to the presidential ticket will cost their party House and Senate seats this fall. Their concern: Democrats will successfully demonize Ryan’s budget plan, which contains controversial spending cuts and changes to Medicare." >>>

They are just petrified that Ryan is such a bad pick that he's going to lose the Senate. He loses any chance of the Republicans winning the Senate and may cause the Democrats to win the House. Now, here's the question: Is this true or is this a story that TheHill.com and the Politico have had waiting in the drawer for any nominee, and then they just plugged in the name and changed some of the reasons? Because have we ever seen any articles in TheHill.com or the Politico or anywhere else in the Drive-By Media about how Obamacare would hurt the Democrats in 2010?

Did we ever see such a story?

Were there nameless Democrats who called up TheHill.com and the Politico and said, "Hey, psst? I don't want to go on record here with my name but let me tell you something: We're going to get creamed. This Obamacare is going to destroy us. I'm really worried we're going to lose the House in 2010." Did we ever see that story? We never do, do we? We never see stories where unnamed Democrat consultants are worried that something Obama's doing or Biden's doing or that they're doing together is really, really going to be problematic, really hurt the Democrats.

We got this story after Palin was nominated, except now we know the names. We know with Palin it was happening. We know that there were Republicans undermining her from the day she was nominated. There were Republicans who were assigned to her during that campaign who tried to undermine her. There were people on the Republican side who helped spread this idea that she was a dolt. So it is believable to me on one level that we have some Republicans who are worried about Ryan.

But they're really not worried that he's going to cause us to lose the Senate, and they're really not worried that he's going to cause us to lose the House. What they're worried about is that the conservative wing of the party is going to be able to lay claim to victory here. And that they -- these unnamed establishment Republican consultants and what have you, they -- are the ones who are going to lose their positions of power and influence because they aren't on board with this.

So I don't for a moment... The Republican Party, you and I both know, has in it some saboteurs. We know it from four years ago. We know that the Republican establishment is made up of many people who dislike conservatives almost as much as the Democrats do. >>>

Why do they not understand it's Obama and the Democrats who are the opposition? What's in it for them for the Democrats to win? And when you answer that question, then you'll have an idea what's going on. What's in it for these Republicans for the Democrats to win? And make no mistake: There are Republicans happy to be losers if it keeps them in the money and in positions of power in a second-tier party, as opposed to out of power in a first-tier party. >>>

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here is an excerpt from the Politico piece. I gave you an excerpt from TheHill.com piece earlier. Here's the Politico piece: "[T]here is an unmistakable consensus among Republican operatives..." unmistakable consensus! "in Washington: Romney has taken a risk with Ryan that has only a modest chance of going right -- and a huge chance of going horribly wrong." Maybe it's time we hired some other Republican operatives and sent these operatives packing. Talk about being on the wrong page.

RushLimbaugh

-----------------------------------------------

Some of these GOP 'strategists' just need to turn in their man cards and hide in a very dark place until after November is over. Apparently theyre more worried about their own cushy little life on the DC circuit than the future of what was once the greatest force for good among all nations in all of mankinds puny history on this planet. These worthless weasels and cowards dont seem to have a clue that Saving Private Sector Ryan is going to be the blockbuster of the year.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I've never understood the defeatist "we're number two" menatality of some of the people within our own party.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I've never understood the defeatist "we're number two" menatality of some of the people within our own party.
    There are two mindsets at work. Some see themselves as part of the "governing elite" and have more in common with Democrats than conservatives. Think Bob Michel, the senate minority leader before Dole. He was perfectly happy to have a seat at the table and collect a share of the goodies that the Democrats doled out. The other mindset is a bit more pernicious, because it's based in a kind of misplaced altruism. Think Bob Dole, or John McCain. Both were patriotic men who gave everything that they had in service to their country, but were more concerned with the appearance of civility than with getting things done. They never grasped that Democrats are the ideological heirs of Stalin, and can no more be negotiated with than the Soviets, in fact, less so. The Democrats are like the Bolsheviks just prior to when they took power, when they were ruthlessly destroying any opposition. When dealing with us, the Soviets had to make a pretense of being like any other nation, but when dealing with dissent, they were utterly without scruples, and that is what we are dealing with. In their heart of hearts, Pelosi and her ilk would happily see us lined up and executed for deviant thinking, while Harry Reid is more along the lines of the Brezhnev school, an amoral thug who will say or do anything to advance himself. Obama has feet in both camps, but ultimately, if the Democrats ever get into power, the first purges will leave the Harry Reids in charge.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The best thing about this election is that the choice couldn't be clearer.

Another thing Rush says that has always stuck with me is "You can't negotiate with evil because evil always lies."

*I looked it up and Rush's quote is "When Good negotiates with Evil, Evil will always win."

I like the way I said it better.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.