Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    OWS is more about the economy/banks/Wall Street. I'm guessing, since the shooter is a man, it's probably some crazy gay guy who heard a voice in his head telling him to go and shoot people at the FRC.
    noonwitch, you are wrong. OWS is the new "Weather Underground". They are involved at every level of the democrat machine.
    The sane democrats should try and distance themselves from the group.

Update to the story via FNC website:

A security guard at the Family Research Council's headquarters in Washington, D.C. is being hailed as a hero after he stopped a gunman posing as an intern, taking a bullet in the arm before wrestling the suspect to the ground.

The gunman entered the lobby of the organization's Chinatown headquarters around 10:45 and expressed disagreement with the conservative group's policy positions, Fox News has learned. When the guard, who was not identified, asked him where he was going, he opened fire, according to police.

“The security guard here is a hero, as far as I’m concerned,” D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said. ”He did his job. The person never made it past the front.”

“The security guard here is a hero, as far as I’m concerned.”
    - D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier

The guard, who was not identified, was shot in the arm and was conscious after the shooting and was in stable condition. The gunman, who also was not identified, was being questioned by the FBI, sources said. Sources said he is in his twenties.

The suspect "made statements regarding their policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard," a source told Fox News. WJLA-TV7 reported the suspect was also shot
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

"Wrestling him to the ground?" Why didn't he make a huge blowhole in his forehead?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    "Wrestling him to the ground?" Why didn't he make a huge blowhole in his forehead?

He might not have been armed. It costs more to hire security guards who are trained to use firearms on the job. One of our security guards explained it to me once, that her company offered two different levels of security coverage-unarmed for most office buildings, and armed, for banks and armored trucks. She was working on her CCW and the other training required to do armed security, because she would make more money that way.

This guy deserves a raise, at the least.

The guard's name is Leo Johnson.

Well done, good and faithful servant.

I think people should send cards of thanks to him via FRC.