Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama's Iftar Dinner 
    By George Neumayr on 8.15.12 @ 6:08AM

He touts Islam as a religion that Sandra Fluke could like.

Obama's politically correct spin on Islam grows more and more buffoonish. At the very moment he accuses Christians of waging a "war on women," he casts Islam as a benevolent religion to which the Sandra Flukes could take refuge.

He used his remarks at this year's Iftar dinner to praise Islam as a female-friendly religion. "Indeed, you know that the Koran teaches, 'Be it man or woman, each of you is equal to the other,'" he said. For Obama, it is the Bible, not the Koran, that reeks of dangerous patriarchy. Obama has mocked the Book of Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and St. Paul's letters, but he would never dare question a passage in the Koran, which he regards as a holy and blameless book in no need of politically correct revision.

If the oppression at Georgetown gets to be too much for Sandra Fluke, she could always try her luck in the Islamic world, where the rights of women are spreading like wildfire, according to Obama. Thanks in part to Islam, he said, this year's Olympics can be dubbed "The Year of the Woman," as Muslim countries generously allowed a few women to play: "Also, for the very first time in Olympic history, every team now includes a woman athlete. And one of the reasons is that every team from a Muslim-majority country now includes women as well."

Obama was particularly pleased that women got the chance to "face down tanks" in the Arab Spring. Nothing proves sameness between the sexes better than the equal opportunity to die.

Obama seemed unable to get his favorite constituency off his mind, excitedly noting that one of the first "Muslim chaplains at an American college" is a woman, Sanaa Nadim. How did the imams in attendance at the dinner feel about that remark? No doubt they murmur to themselves that Obama is an idiot, albeit a very useful one.

Obama also peppered his speech with his customary deceptions about America's Islamic-friendly origins. "As I've noted before, Thomas Jefferson once held a sunset dinner here with an envoy from Tunisia -- perhaps the first Iftar at the White House, more than 200 years ago," he said. Notice Obama's weasely use of the word "perhaps." Why the hedging? Because he knows perfectly well that it wasn't an Iftar dinner but a war negotiation. Seeking to end the Barbary War with Islamic pirates, Jefferson invited Tunisian envoy Sidi Soliman Mellimelli to Washington. He invited him to a dinner at the White House not to honor Islam but to end a war. The dinner happened to coincide with Ramadan. Jefferson pushed the time back for the dinner to "sunset" in order to ensure that Mellimelli would attend. It wasn't by any stretch of the imagination an Iftar dinner.

Read More>http://spectator.org/archives/2012/0...s-iftar-dinner
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Islam a female religion? *face palm*

But seeing the Captain Zero is a Muslim, he would think that.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Islam a female religion? *face palm*

But seeing the Captain Zero is a Muslim, he would think that.
    The President never said that. The author is projecting, as this is an opinion piece, not a fact-based article.

The President quoted a verse from the Koran that encourages equality at a Muslim event. Some would see that as encouraging reform within Islam regarding gender equality. I've never read the Koran, so for all I know this is the only one that does.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The President never said that. The author is projecting, as this is an opinion piece, not a fact-based article.

The President quoted a verse from the Koran that encourages equality at a Muslim event. Some would see that as encouraging reform within Islam regarding gender equality. I've never read the Koran, so for all I know this is the only one that does.
    Are you voting for him this time, be honest?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

So when he said this:

He used his remarks at this year's Iftar dinner to praise Islam as a female-friendly religion. "Indeed, you know that the Koran teaches, 'Be it man or woman, each of you is equal to the other,'" he said.
    He basically said that Islam is the religion for women. No where in the Koran does it say that men and women are equal. obama is a Muslim, plane and simple.

Did you catch the part about Jefferson and the Tunisian envoy? That's a special kind of stupid from obama, especially since Jefferson held the muslims in very low regard.

Not fact based? I would agree but would ask "which part"?

............... I've never read the Koran, so for all I know this is the only one that does...............
    Must you read it yourself to become convinced that Muslims do, indeed, restrict women's rights, opportunities, education and freedom?

And what will happen if you do not read passages encouraging men to persecute women? Would you then deny that it is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Must you read it yourself to become convinced that Muslims do, indeed, restrict women's rights, opportunities, education and freedom?

And what will happen if you do not read passages encouraging men to persecute women? Would you then deny that it is happening?
    Now you're projecting. I've repeatedly stated on this site that I do know that women are treated like dirt in the Muslim world.

According to the Torah, women are considered second class citizens. Modern Jews and Christians no longer defend that practice. The point is to encourage Muslims to join the modern world and do likewise.

Now you're projecting. I've repeatedly stated on this site that I do know that women are treated like dirt in the Muslim world.

According to the Torah, women are considered second class citizens. Modern Jews and Christians no longer defend that practice. The point is to encourage Muslims to join the modern world and do likewise.
    How can you make people who think that this is the year 1433 come to the modern world?

You should do some research on the Koran. You would be quite surprised by what it says. Practicing Muslims still go by all, lock stock, and Barrel. There is no like the bible, where Christianity is the New Testament (And we don't follow all things were in the Old Testament). The Koran is the same as it has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    How can you make people who think that this is the year 1433 come to the modern world?

You should do some research on the Koran. You would be quite surprised by what it says. Practicing Muslims still go by all, lock stock, and Barrel. There is no like the bible, where Christianity is the New Testament (And we don't follow all things were in the Old Testament). The Koran is the same as it has always been.

They like modern conveniences like cars and computers, not to mention 20th and 21st century weapons.

35 years ago, India was stuck in the 1400s, too. When my dad visited there in 1979, even women in the highest castes were second class citizens. Hell, under Hinduism in the early part of the 20th century, a widow was expected to throw herself onto her dead husband's funeral pyre and be burned alive. Yet that practice has fizzled away-I'm sure it still happens occasionally, but the modern Indian economy has brought women more status in that nation.