Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A tragic end to a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    As a devout coward, I won't have to worry about getting hurt that way. When my son and his family were in Florida, I asked if he wanted to go parasailing. He's always been adventurous, but declined. I guess having 2 little kids under 3 1/2 years makes one more cautious.

I always wanted to try it when I was younger, but I was always such a terrible water skier-I could never get up, I always fell over, every time I tried it. The Young Life camp in NY state had parasailing as one of their activities, but when it was my turn to go to camp, we went to one of the camps in Colorado. Although, we did go rapeling and on a ropes course that used similar harnesses. I was terrified of both, but I did them. I just hope that no one at my upcoming class reunion has access to the videos of me doing those things. The invulnerable bitch that I've become doesn't really want reminders of my crying, terrified 16 year old self.

I still want to do it some day. Next time I'm in the Caribbean, I just may. As long as it's not close to any high rises...as people have died here in Florida slamming into buildings as well, from Parasailing.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's actually pretty safe and fun, I've done it many times. The only close call
    was with a bunch of "operators" in Jamaica. The fools almost slammed me into
    a floating platform...
    May the FORCE be with you!

My mom and youngest nephew tried it three years ago in Mexico. They had fun.

Four deaths in ten years? That sounds like about the safest thing possible to do in Florida. How many people fell into their swimming pools and drowned over that same period? I'll bet at least ten times as many, if not a hundred times as many.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.