1. #1 I wanted to share this with everyone 
    I work with a local charity that is looking to expand it's outreach to those who really need help. This video explains things better than I can.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Looks good. I applaud the bravery it took to prove the rumor of Conservative Hatred. It's about time we had documented proof.

I Volunteer at the local food pantry. It isn't as well funded but the groceries are handed out- No questions asked!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

This proves that government is not the answer. They're doing fantastic work----you should be proud to be able to work with them and help. I only have one question, what will they do in the period between tearing down the old buildings and constructing the new one?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Looks good. I applaud the bravery it took to prove the rumor of Conservative Hatred. It's about time we had documented proof.

I Volunteer at the local food pantry. It isn't as well funded but the groceries are handed out- No questions asked!
    I donate to a summer food program that is also "no questions asked" that is to make sure those that are strapped for cash have enough food during the summer when the children are used to the school lunch program.

A group of eldery people, that have plenty of money, found out about it and have been showing up saying they have a family of four every week It upsets me.
    Most of the scammers had handicap plates so they did not have to stand in line and the food was brought their vehicles, while others with kids had to wait in line in the heat.

I don't see how anyone could take the food from these well deserving children. It pisses me off.

A few of the scammers ran into people that were volunteers that knew them already.

I applaud those that help feed the hungry. Our nation is facing some tough times.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 08-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.

We have a few, but I suspect it would be disruptive to call them out. I just let them go. It's the ones that think they can order me around like a lackey that get me upset. I guess they think I'm a rich, fat cat.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

We just made a donation to the church of a friend of my wife of a bunch of food we had including baby food we bought when we had our foster babies. Then we dropped clothes off in those bins.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

There's a charity in Pontiac called Grace Centers of Hope that is church-based and takes no government money at all, so they don't have to comply with the rules that go along with it. I respect that. They work with the homeless and with the drug and alcohol addicted. In the substance abuse treatment program, it is something that might lead to better trust between the staff and the clients, because the clients know that the Department of Corrections is not who is paying for their treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    This proves that government is not the answer. They're doing fantastic work----you should be proud to be able to work with them and help. I only have one question, what will they do in the period between tearing down the old buildings and constructing the new one?
    We are going to set up temporary trails to use for the medical and dental. The Baby Luv and Food Pantry are not being torn down right away so they will still be used.

I just want to commend the Rotory Club for all their help. Without their assistance this wouldn't be possible

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    We just made a donation to the church of a friend of my wife of a bunch of food we had including baby food we bought when we had our foster babies. Then we dropped clothes off in those bins.
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There's a charity in Pontiac called Grace Centers of Hope that is church-based and takes no government money at all, so they don't have to comply with the rules that go along with it. I respect that. They work with the homeless and with the drug and alcohol addicted. In the substance abuse treatment program, it is something that might lead to better trust between the staff and the clients, because the clients know that the Department of Corrections is not who is paying for their treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    We are going to set up temporary trails to use for the medical and dental. The Baby Luv and Food Pantry are not being torn down right away so they will still be used.

I just want to commend the Rotory Club for all their help. Without their assistance this wouldn't be possible
    Our church sends them a regular check each month and we also do a "Bumper Bag" Sunday twice a month. The congregation sets bags of groceries behind their cars in the parking lot and the youth group collects them. We find that a large percentage of giving happens this way. No tax breaks and completely anonymous, yet effective without gov't boondoggle and waste.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand