Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Business owner declines Joe Biden's entourage to stop in store 

Video at link below

Radford business owner declines request from Joe Biden's entourage to stop in store

RADFORD, Va.—

Would you say no to the Vice President?

One New River Valley business owner turned Vice President Joe Biden down.

This might happen more than you think from both political parties, most businesses just don't talk about it. The owner of "Crumb and Get It" - did.

Chris McMurray's bakery has been open only since May, barely three months.

Wednesday morning, advance teams for Vice President Joe Biden walked in.

"I approached her she said Joe Biden is coming to town today," McMurray said.

"Crumb and Get It" is a mom and pop store. Literally. Chris and his wife Kelly run the place and need all the business they can get.

McMurray said the Vice President's entourage got to the point and made its pitch.

"She said they have selected 'Crumb and Get It" to be his stop on his way to Blacksburg and was wondering if that was ok."

Here's the part that might make other business owners crazy.

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime but essentially I said 'No offense to you or the campaign but I just decline you guys coming in here. At that time she said 'Are you sure? There's going to be a lot of press, a lot of activity,’" McMurray said.

Why in the world would a new business owner say "no" to a photo op with the Vice President of the United States?

McMurray said it was President Obama's recent remarks about small business and who built what.

"Very simply, ‘you didn't build that’” McMurray said. “Speaking of small businesses and entrepreneurs all across this country and actually last night my wife was up all night. No sleep, she's worked a full 24 hours."

When "Crumb and Get It" said 'no', “River City Grill,” just around the corner, said 'yes' and has the pictures to prove it, and didn't care about the politics.

"If you want to throw in some libertarians as well that's fine too. Stop in as well,” Chris Bell said. “Just bring your money. Sure, right!

Back at the bakery, a couple of guys said they'd hoped to see Biden and didn't care that the VP had been turned away.

"I mean it really doesn't matter to me. Everyone has their own views so I love the food here anyway. I agree. Everybody's different so I could care less," said Spenser Critterton of Radford.

Here's the back story, we’re told that shortly after Crumb and Get It told Biden’s advance people 'no' -- the secret service walked in and told Chris McMurray ''Thanks for standing up and saying 'no' -- then they bought a whole bunch of cookies and cupcakes.

McMurray said he's hoping folks will understand he just didn't want to be part of a photo op for an administration whose policies he doesn’t agree with.

WDBJ7-TV

-----------------------------------

Every now and then, a ray of common sense seems to seep through the clouds.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

You don't have to go to a foreign country and face enemy fire to be a hero. You can be a hero right here at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    You don't have to go to a foreign country and face enemy fire to be a hero. You can be a hero right here at home.
    Oh, they'll be facing enemy fire when the national media gets hold of this. Between this and the T-Shirt at the catered event in Davenport, we're looking at a nice wave of backlash against the administration, and the left cannot allow that to stand.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Clearly he's a racist hate mongering rethug. I'm a fan. :) I wonder if they have a website . . . .

That man has some deep convictions. I admire that in people, especially when it falls in line with what I feel.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

6. #6 Re: Business owner declines Joe Biden's entourage to stop in store 
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    That man has some deep convictions. I admire that in people, especially when it falls in line with what I feel.
    Convictions a are fine but is it really worth an IRS audit and close scrutiny from the government?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Convictions a are fine but is it really worth an IRS audit and close scrutiny from the government?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2
    We aren't sure that will happen to him. We will soon find out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    We aren't sure that will happen to him. We will soon find out, though.
    I was more thinking out loud than anything, going by previous occurrences with Obama he will be harassed. I am kind of weighing in my mind if his protest mattered enough for the very likely trouble he will receive. A public snub, I'm not selling you a sandwich because I don't like your politics.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I was more thinking out loud than anything, going by previous occurrences with Obama he will be harassed. I am kind of weighing in my mind if his protest mattered enough for the very likely trouble he will receive. A public snub, I'm not selling you a sandwich because I don't like your politics.
    Yeah, that is quite possible there. Captain Zero doesn't like people snubbing him like that.

It would appear that Chic-Fil-A was the beginning of a new division we are going to see for awhile. Right wing donut shops left wing donut shops right wing bars left wing bars right wing burgers left wing burgers etc.............
    I think this bakery owner would rather not his business be associated with any politic just like the recent deli owner who was chastised by her customers and friends when her deli appeared in an Obama ad that she had not given permission for.
    This is a disturbing trend and why should we be forced to take a side in every aspect of our life no matter how irrelevant it may be to our politic.