Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 SS Admin Plans to Buy 174,000 Hollow-Point Bullets 

Social Security Administration Explains Plan to Buy 174,000 Hollow-Point Bullets

(CNSNews.com) – The Social Security Administration posted a blog on Thursday to explain why it was planning to purchase 174,000 hollow point bullets.

SSA posted a "Request for Quote for Ammunition" on the FedBizOps.gov website on Aug. 7. The request listed the commodity that SSA desired as ".357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point pistol ammunition." The quantity listed was "174 TH." >>>

The blog states that the SSA has 295 special agents who work in 66 offices across the United States. >>>

Concern expressed in some media reports about the type of ammunition ordered by the agency is unfounded, the blog states, explaining that the .357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacked hollow point pistol ammunition is “standard issue for many law enforcement agencies” and is appropriate for the work agents perform.

“Our special agents need to be armed and trained appropriately,” the blog post states. “They not only investigate allegations of Social Security fraud, but they also are called to respond to threats against Social Security offices, employees, and customers.” >>>

Prior to the blog being posted, CNSNews.com had asked the agency specific questions about its ammunition order. Although some of those questions were addressed by the information provided in the blog, the agency did not say why it needed 174,000 bullets and if that quantity was customary or had increased from previous orders.

MORE@CNSNews

---------------------------------------

174,000 rounds for 295 agents, means... they’ll each have 65 full magazines, or 98 revolver loads each. That should do it for a couple days.

So let me get this straight.... first it was the Department of Homeland Security (450 million rounds of .40-caliber hollow points that are designed to expand upon entry and cause maximum organ damage, prompting questions as to why the DHS needed such a large amount of powerful bullets merely for training purposes), then it was the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (46,000 rounds of hollow point bullets), and now the Social Security Administration is set to purchase 174,000 rounds of hollow point bullets that will be delivered to 41 locations across the country.

Btw ... the DHS is also asking for an additional 750 million rounds more. Its also fascinating to me that all this comes after a retired U.S. Army colonel publishes an article about using the military to suppress tea party 'extremists' and Maobama tells U.S. banks to make plans for preventing collapse. To develop plans for staving off collapse if they faced serious problems, emphasizing that the banks could not count on government help. Just in time as the skys are to be filled with hundreds if not thousands of drones. Which brings to (my) mind 0bama's 'kill list'.

Is somebody getting nervous? Or perhaps they're just going to shoot themselves if Zippy wins re-election.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    No need for concern citizen, you are a citizen aren't you???

This is clearly for the EOTW 2012 event coming to a Continent near you.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person than Army

Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz said Thursday that the Department of Homeland Security is using roughly 1,000 rounds of ammunition more per person than the U.S. Army, as he and other lawmakers sharply questioned DHS officials on their "massive" bullet buys.

"It is entirely ... inexplicable why the Department of Homeland Security needs so much ammunition," Chaffetz, R-Utah, said at a hearing.

The hearing itself was unusual, as questions about the department's ammunition purchases until recently had bubbled largely under the radar -- on blogs and in the occasional news article. But as the Department of Homeland Security found itself publicly defending the purchases, lawmakers gradually showed more interest in the issue. >>>

Chaffetz, who chairs one of the House oversight subcommittees holding the hearing Thursday, revealed that the department currently has more than 260 million rounds in stock. He said the department bought more than 103 million rounds in 2012 and used 116 million that same year -- among roughly 70,000 agents.

Comparing that with the small-arms purchases procured by the U.S. Army, he said the DHS is churning through between 1,300 and 1,600 rounds per officer, while the U.S. Army goes through roughly 350 rounds per soldier.

He noted that is "roughly 1,000 rounds more per person."

"Their officers use what seems to be an exorbitant amount of ammunition," he said.

Nick Nayak, chief procurement officer for the Department of Homeland Security, did not challenge Chaffetz's numbers.

More@FoxNews

Perhaps the DHS (expecting to meet with vigorous resistance) is preparing for a nationwide sweep of some kind as statists suspect the economy is likely to collapse and they plan on using their massive new ammo, weapons and military equipment buys to force us, the great unwashed to comply to the coming (they hope) utopian paradise?

Meanwhile we lavishly spend on giveaways to the Muslim Brotherhood, extravagant parties and vacations for the king and the first moocher.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

It's simple really. The Empty Suit's administration is buying up as much ammo as they can to prevent the unwashed masses (law abiding gun owners to you and me) from obtaining supplies for the legally owned firearms they have. A firearm is about as useful as a club without the ammo to go with it and they can honestly say that they are not trying to deny you your 2nd amendment rights while they are doing it.

Personally I think that this administration is afraid that their actions will bring on a second revolution and are doing what they can to neuter those that might revolt. It's also, in my opinion, the reason that DHS bought the 2700 MRAP vehicles a few months back.

I hope I'm wrong about the above but the more I see coming from the "Dear Leader" and friends the more I'm afraid the only way to change the downward spiral America is on is going to be through force of arms and not the ballot box.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Congress is opening an investigation into this. They might get to the bottom of it by the end of this century.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

The Social Security Administration has armed agents? Who knew? Obviously, this is a cost-saving measure in the spirit of Obamacare's death panels. It's cheaper to shoot a retiree than pay benefits...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The Social Security Administration has armed agents? Who knew? Obviously, this is a cost-saving measure in the spirit of Obamacare's death panels. It's cheaper to shoot a retiree than pay benefits...
    I wonder if he will bill the estate for the bullet?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Sonnabend
    Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz said Thursday that the Department of Homeland Security is using roughly 1,000 rounds of ammunition more per person than the U.S. Army, as he and other lawmakers sharply questioned DHS officials on their "massive" bullet buys.
    Um.....

174,000 divided by 295 = 589 divided by 12 months = 49 rounds used per person per month. So the agents use 49 rounds per month for practice? Or are these their "active / on duty" rounds and they use others for range target practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Um.....

174,000 divided by 295 = 589 divided by 12 months = 49 rounds used per person per month. So the agents use 49 rounds per month for practice? Or are these their "active / on duty" rounds and they use others for range target practice?
    I thought I heard somewhere that law enforcement and other government entities are required to practice and qualify with the same loads that they intend to carry in the field...

Of course, O could be banking on the fact that law enforcement and federal agencies will be a lot more reliable than the Army when it comes time to forcibly disarm the citizenry...
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Sonnabend
    Of course, O could be banking on the fact that law enforcement and federal agencies will be a lot more reliable than the Army when it comes time to forcibly disarm the citizenry...
    Reinman, the U.S. has the best-armed civilian population in the world, with an estimated 270 million total guns

Exactly how is he going to get them all back..answer is..he cant. There can be no forcible disarmament, the genie is out of the bottle and aint ever going back in.