Thread: Fifth Circuit Rejects EPA Power Play in Texas

1. #1 Fifth Circuit Rejects EPA Power Play in Texas 
    "Yesterday was a huge victory for Texas! A federal court of appeals shot down the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) power play trying to disapprove of a Texas air quality plan. The court ruled that Texas had met its requirements to keep its air clean and meet the federal National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) and therefore should not have been rejected by the agency."

The Fifth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals threw out the EPA’s decision to reject Texas’s plan calling it both an “arbitrary and capricious” decision.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

OT and it could have been a separate thread but:

Yesterday it was announced that CO2 emissions in the US are at a 20-year low. All because of fracking. Less coal and more natural gas is being used to generate electricity because gas is so cheap these days.

What will ManBearPig, Barry and the rest of the globalwarming/cooling/climatechange gang do now? They are going to need a new boogeyman. Too bad it won't stop Barry from throwing gobs of money at the dust bunny for fuel industry.
    Be Not Afraid.

Here's a link to the full CO2 article.

I find the following sentence hilarious - especially coming from the inventor of the hockey stick stat approach.

"Michael Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State University, said the shift away from coal is reason for "cautious optimism" about potential ways to deal with climate change. He said it demonstrates that "ultimately people follow their wallets" on global warming."

Then there is this -- "There's a very clear lesson here. What it shows is that if you make a cleaner energy source cheaper, you will displace dirtier sources," said Roger Pielke Jr., a climate expert at the University of Colorado.

No, not quite right. The real statement is if you make an energy source cheaper, you will displace more expensive sources
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Less regulation is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Less regulation is always a good thing.
    I don't want to be a commie pinko bastage but the regulation where you are not allowed to dump chemicals into the rivers is a pretty good one, and while I am on the side of private business, they can just as easy screw you as the govt can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I don't want to be a commie pinko bastage but the regulation where you are not allowed to dump chemicals into the rivers is a pretty good one, and while I am on the side of private business, they can just as easy screw you as the govt can.
    Reluctantly - because I despise the EPA - I agree. But the EPA has got to be brought under control. It will take a Republican president and Republican legislature to get it done, though, and they will have to be pushed. A formula for failure is to elect them and then leave them alone.

This wasn't a case for less regulation. It was a case of Texas meeting or exceeding EPA federal National Ambient Air Quality Standards and the EPA rejecting their plan.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.