Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    What about the rights of the fucking VICTIMS? What about the rights of the parents of the five year old girl mown down by a drink driver here last week? Of the family wiped out by some shitwit who has EIGHT scotches and then did a head on on the Hume Highway?
    That's the same argument used by gun-grabbers after a tragedy such as Columbine.
    Be Not Afraid.

By the way, I love your statistics from Kansas! Let's harass 6,000 people to arrest 2% of them! Brilliant!

Glad you liked them...the total arrests were over forty people. Forty drunk drivers taken off the road. Forty drivers who were stopped from killing others.

Works for me.
    I bet if the cops did door-to-door searches of homes they could find illegal weapons in AT LEAST 2% of the homes - especially in our inner cities.

Do you support that?

And if you set those same cops in front of bars and actually had some logic behind the people you pulled over, rather than randomness, you would get a lot more than 2%. Wouldn't that make more sense?
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So I can just be stopped by an agent of the state for no reason? I have no right to be secure in my person? I thought I read somewhere that I did.

Papers please.

If an officer of the law perceives you as a possible danger, in this case - a possible drunk looking to elude detection, you can bet your ass will get very sore and flat from setting on the cement bench in the police station jail. These check points are just mini versions of the ones at the airport - keeping unbelievably stupid folk from sabotaging the peace that other folks around them have come to expect - via the people that put their lives on the line to protect them every day of the year.

Want to be a disrespectful asshole? Just stay home.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I can explain this mathematically.

Freedom and Safety are inversely proportional.

So as you take away freedom, you increase safety. Theoretically you could make America the safest place in the world, simply by removing all freedoms. If motorcycles were illegal, cars could only go 10 mph, seatbelts had to be latched in order for cars to start, weapons of every type were illegal and confiscated, whole-home searches were conducted with regularity, alcohol, sugar, saturated fat, tobacco were banned and 1 hour of daily exercise was mandated under threat of imprisonment while all team sports that could result in injury were prohibited...... Well, this would be one safe, healthy population.

Do you get my point?

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    If an officer of the law perceives you as a possible danger, in this case - a possible drunk looking to elude detection, you can bet your ass will get very sore and flat from setting on the cement bench in the police station jail. These check points are just mini versions of the ones at the airport - keeping unbelievably stupid folk from sabotaging the peace that other folks around them have come to expect - via the people that put their lives on the line to protect them every day of the year.

Want to be a disrespectful asshole? Just stay home.
    If I am stone sober, and turn around to avoid a DUI checkpoint, can/should I be cited? What law did I break?

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    If an officer of the law...<snipped>
    At least you've expanded the context of your post. That part I clipped out from your other post made you sound like a damn filthy liberal-hippie-commie-nazi.
    Be Not Afraid.

Sonnabend
    I bet if the cops did door-to-door searches of homes they could find illegal weapons in AT LEAST 2% of the homes - especially in our inner cities.

Do you support that?
    Cases arent parallel and you know it. Irrelevant.

And if you set those same cops in front of bars and actually had some logic behind the people you pulled over, rather than randomness, you would get a lot more than 2%. Wouldn't that make more sense?
    But you are against them testing anyone AT ALL. And incidentally, do you think all DUI's come from bars? They don't.

In any case I am done here....just remember, when you run from a breath test station and tghey arrest your ass? Don't expect any sympathy from me. We have streetside random breath tests stations all over Australia, and I dont know a single citizen that minds them being there..or minds being random breath tested.

I've been tested a dozen times on my travels, doesnt worry me in the slightest. A quick smile from the police officer, " Thank you driver, have a safe trip" and on my way.

Drink drivers get zero sympathy from me, and if you dont like being randomly breath tested, guess what, I dont give a shit. I am alive because the cops do their jobs, and a lot more people are dead because too many people think like you.

You dont have right to drive, you dont have a right to drive drunk, and if you are too stupid to realise when people are trying to protect your ass...tough.

My sympathy is reserved for the victims of those the cops didnt catch.

Deal with it and quit whining.

Sonnabend
    If I am stone sober, and turn around to avoid a DUI checkpoint, can/should I be cited? What law did I break?
    Turn that around.A cop sees you reverse and run from a DUI checkpoint. "Gee...why did he try and get away?"

Cases arent parallel and you know it. Irrelevant.

But you are against them testing anyone AT ALL. And incidentally, do you think all DUI's come from bars? They don't.

In any case I am done here....just remember, when you run from a breath test station and tghey arrest your ass? Don't expect any sympathy from me. We have streetside random breath tests stations all over Australia, and I dont know a single citizen that minds them being there..or minds being random breath tested.

I've been tested a dozen times on my travels, doesnt worry me in the slightest. A quick smile from the police officer, " Thank you driver, have a safe trip" and on my way.

Drink drivers get zero sympathy from me, and if you dont like being randomly breath tested, guess what, I dont give a shit. I am alive because the cops do their jobs, and a lot more people are dead because too many people think like you.

You dont have right to drive, you dont have a right to drive drunk, and if you are too stupid to realise when people are trying to protect your ass...tough.

My sympathy is reserved for the victims of those the cops didnt catch.

Deal with it and quit whining.
    Cases are 100% parallel, and I am for testing - with probably cause. Punishing everyone for the sins of a few is not liberty, is not freedom, and is not America.

Turn that around.A cop sees you reverse and run from a DUI checkpoint. "Gee...why did he try and get away?"
    Ok, so he pulls me over.

Now what? I welcome him pulling me over, because he and I both know he absolutely, positively, under no circumstance can cite me for avoiding the checkpoint. That is not a crime. DUI is, but if I had not been drinking he can't do anything to me. Nor should he.

And maybe I turned around because I dont want to sit for an hour in line waiting to be questioned during what is otherwise a 10 minute commute. That is my prerogative, last time I checked.