Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 We have a CostCo now!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yay! Sarasota has a CostCo that opened on Friday. We hit it today and though the parking lot
    was pretty full the store seemed to be handling the crowds smoothly. At least today.

The lady who checks your receipt and counts the items said last night was a different story
    with people acting like idiots. Doesn't surprise us as more Libtards have invaded Sarasota County.

So we now have Sams Club, BJ's, and now CostCo. As of Sept. 7th, we will also have a Trader Joe's!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

No costcos yet but we have a Walmart Supercenter every square mile in town.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I hit Costco's every other weekend, for the most part. Love it.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The lady who checks your receipt and counts the items said last night was a different story
    with people acting like idiots.
    Thanks for warning me. I don't put up with that, so I'll avoid the place. By the time I go through a big box and find what I need and wait in line to pay for the stuff, I have no patience with someone trying to stop me and go through MY stuff. I'm really surprised that people put up with that.

Now if they have a bench there and give me a glass of water while I'm waiting, then I'll reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Thanks for warning me. I don't put up with that, so I'll avoid the place. By the time I go through a big box and find what I need and wait in line to pay for the stuff, I have no patience with someone trying to stop me and go through MY stuff. I'm really surprised that people put up with that.

Now if they have a bench there and give me a glass of water while I'm waiting, then I'll reconsider.
    If that is how they do things they don't need to build one here on my account, I'm not much for big junk stores anyway, I go to Walmart maybe twice a year as it is.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I'm really surprised that people put up with that.
    I just flash them the gang sign for..."it's cool, I'm a white guy that doesn't steal" and they let me roll on through. I'll teach it to you.
    Be Not Afraid.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If that is how they do things they don't need to build one here on my account, I'm not much for big junk stores anyway, I go to Walmart maybe twice a year as it is.
    One time I went to Home Deport to get a new spark plug for the mower and some other stuff. I went to self-checkout. I scanned the new spark plug and then tossed it and the old spark plug in the bag. Apparently, there is a scale under the bagging stand that is sensitive enough and knows the weight of each item. Well the computer said something like "Unknown object in bag!" (Will Robinson) and some employee practically flew over and looked in the bag without even asking me. Of course, the merchandise wasn't yet paid for, but it was the way she did it which caught me somewhere between amused and annoyed.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Walmart Pinellas Park stopped me once as I was leaving with a cart full of bagged merchandise and with a Walmart employee who was helping me with a large box.

Apparently, there is a scale under the bagging stand that is sensitive enough and knows the weight of each item.
    There is.

When you self-scan at the supermarket there's a scale too. You can't scan a 1/4 pound of Provolone and then place 2 pounds of Provolone on the conveyor. You'll be busted.
    Be Not Afraid.

Walmart Pinellas Park stopped me once as I was leaving with a cart full of bagged merchandise and with a Walmart employee who was helping me with a large box.
    I returned a cart full of stuff one time and they gave me a refund, I don't have to buy from a store and when the bullshit factor out weighs the value factor I buy somewhere else.