Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    PFAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAA!!!

Everyone should read the review from Publishers Weekly.

LMAO!
    LOL. Must have been a SLOW week at Publishers Weekly if they even bothered to read his book, much less write a review.

I also noticed that the book only has 27 Amazon customer reviews. That there is a "best seller" author fer sure. It's gotta be all DUmmies.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    LOL. Must have been a SLOW week at Publishers Weekly if they even bothered to read his book, much less write a review.

I also noticed that the book only has 27 Amazon customer reviews. That there is a "best seller" author fer sure. It's gotta be all DUmmies.
    I like some of the customer reviews
    By
    Brooke276
    This review is from: The Greatest Sedition Is Silence: Four Years in America (Hardcover)
    I am as left-wing as they come and loathe Bush with every fiber of my being, yet I could not get into this book. I admit it: I stopped after 60 pages. The tone, I'm afraid, is quite naive and it sounds like the prose of an earnest 17 year old hoping to, like, change the world, man. I have heard these things hundreds of times before, yet the author would have us think that this is groundbreaking. But I also rolled my eyes when he started talking about spirituality and being a "true" Christian. The only hope the left has is to throw out religion, not embrace it. I don't need Lieberman-like candidates when there is already the GOP. In all, I was bored with this book. It lacks the crucial element of a sense of humor, which makes it a bit embarrassing at times. There are better books out there for liberals; seek them out.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Yet another

1.0 out of 5 stars More babblings from a pseudo intellectual, April 10, 2003
    By A Customer
    This review is from: The Greatest Sedition Is Silence: Four Years in America (Hardcover)
    William Rivers Pitt once wrote that he would like to have voted for Ted Kennedy but didn't live in his district. For those of you in Rio Linda, The office of Senator is a STATEWIDE office, there aren't any districts.

This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that he is a high school teacher and self proclaimed renowned expert on everything.

Now on to the book, his last book with noted turncoat and alleged Internet predator Scott Ritter was a mere pamphlet. In it, his obsessive hatred of George W. Bush is his driving force and the source of his 'writing'. The (at the time) possible war to liberate Iraq was just the vehicle to libel George W. Bush and his team. Since its release, his entire premise has been blown out of the water by subsequent events.

About the new book. If conspiracies are your game and you believe in the illuminati, this book is right up your alley. He assumes George W. Bush is just a puppet whose strings are pulled by the same team that forced Bill Clinton to have sex with Monica and then lie about it, murdered Senator Paul Wellstone, stole the 2000 election and control the media. The obligatory Christian bashing is there as well but his point is that since the right is so evil, even seditious talk isn't really sedition when the government is out of control. I doubt he even realizes that the NRA uses the same reasoning to support the 2nd amendment; that in order to bring down a tyrannical government we must have a well regulated militia.

Don't waste money on the new book when you could get the old book for next to free and you will see where logic has ended and blind hatred has begun. He is a noted pseudo-intellectual at a liberal website. Since I don't want to give the site hits, you'll have to find it for yourself but if you do, look out for the Top Ten signs you're dealing with a pseudo-intellectual:

1) No matter the subject, they jump in with their "expert" analysis notable for its lack of supporting facts.

2) No matter how you respond to them, they claim you fell into their trap just as they'd hoped you would.

3) They claim they know the answer, but won't divulge it.

4) Their claims of last week are now the opposite of what they say this week yet there isn't any reason for the flip flop, it's all supposed to go down the memory hole.

5) Every word written or uttered is said or written with such disdain, you know he just hates to associate with the hoi polloi but will do so in order to let everyone bask in his glorious genius.

6) They quote people like Socrates and Nietzsche and Sun Tzu.

7) They use words like vis-ŕ-vis and incorrectly at that.

8) They attempt to use grammar corrections like sic and get it worng [sic].

9) Knows two words in a foreign language like French and therefore gives everyone the impression he speaks it fluently like a native and uses these words in every utterance.

10) Frequently uses own personal website as a source of irrefutable evidence, also known as self sourcing.

His book on Iraq IS sedition, according to [the dictionary]
    1.Conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state.
    2.Insurrection; rebellion.

Therefore, Pitt along with former weapons' inspector Scott Ritter who received $400,000 dollars of Iraqi money to make a pro-Iraq movie have committed sedition. Naturally only liberals like NY Times economist Paul Krugman who took $50,000 from Enron and Ritter have the integrity to not let a little thing like money influence their opinions.

Read Ann Coulter's Slander, it's a little loose with the facts but is hilarious. For more serious reading, try Bias by Bernard Goldberg, it was great to see his fellow newsmen attack his book but since he's a fellow liberal, their attacks rang hollow.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

This one sums it up nicely
    Angry yes, pointless yes, December 8, 2003
    By A Customer
    Democracy is dead according to Will Pitt and other far left 'thinkers', but save yourself the money and just go spend time at democraticunderground.com or truthout.com and get the same hateful negativity for free.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By
    Brooke276
    I am as left-wing as they come and loathe Bush with every fiber of my being, yet I could not get into this book. I admit it: I stopped after 60 pages. The tone, I'm afraid, is quite naive and it sounds like the prose of an earnest 17 year old hoping to, like, change the world, man. I have heard these things hundreds of times before, yet the author would have us think that this is groundbreaking. But I also rolled my eyes when he started talking about spirituality and being a "true" Christian. The only hope the left has is to throw out religion, not embrace it. I don't need Lieberman-like candidates when there is already the GOP. In all, I was bored with this book. It lacks the crucial element of a sense of humor, which makes it a bit embarrassing at times. There are better books out there for liberals; seek them out.

And that's his wife!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    And that's his wife!!!
    Seriously?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Seriously?

Just kidding!!!! I think...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    He stayed inside the lines when he was coloring in the pictures of some book some dude wrote so Pitt got a mention.

I'm not going to name any books he's been associated with so maybe you can search or someone can PM you. I'm not giving the douche any press.

Unless you ask me to post his gay cowboy pic, in that case, here it is:

Gee, he's gay. Who knew.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Can you legally claim to be a NYT Best Seller if you're not? Maybe someone needs to tell the book people at the paper.
    Why not? You can claim to be a decorated wounded soldier an get away with it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Well I gave my review...

Typical Pitt Drivel, August 19, 2012
    By txradioguy

While this kind of leftist revisionist history will play well with the mouth breathing ritalin chewing types at DemocratUnderground that rah rah everything Pitt does. Like his Rovian prediciton of 24 business hours this book will sink just as quickly back into embarassing obscurity. Pitt is only at his best when he's on the barstool at his favorite imaginary bar in Boston talking of things that never happened and wishing for things that will never be.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.