Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 It's Bouncy Time again!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This guy is something else!!

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
    truth2power

I took my car in for service yesterday. Had an interesting (brief) conversation...

This is just an indication of how people don't think things through.

After consulting with the service personnel we determined that I needed to leave my car overnight so the parts could be ordered and the repairs done today.

I took a seat in the waiting area until someone at the facility was free to run me home. There was some political stuff on the TV....I wasn't paying attention. I started reading a book I had with me.

So the man next to me started ranting about "welfare" and how he knew a woman (a single mother) who had 6 children, some of them, at least, having different fathers. He said this family group was getting $1000. per month in food stamps and he thought that was an exhorbitant sum.

Well, first of all, who your father is shouldn't make any difference as to whether you're allowed to eat. But that's rather beside the point. I took a scrap of paper out of my bag and was going to do a 'back of the envelope' calculation on this.

Just then, one of the mechanics showed up and said he was available to take me home. I couldn't very well ask him to wait, because he was on the clock. So I left. When I got home I did a calculation:

$1000 divided by 7 (mom and 6 kids) = $142.00 and change/person/month. Divide 142.00 by 30 days and you get approximately $4.73 per day. For 3 meals. How easy is it to eat on $4.73 per day?

I wish I'd had time to explain this to the man sitting next to me. But you see how the propagandists succeed in turning us against one another while the banksters steal our taxes, pension funds etc.

It's an ongoing struggle.
    It sure is, come on DUmmies!!! We know you can do better!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

So the man next to me started ranting about "welfare"
    Just out of the blue for no reason, right? Of course.

Just then, one of the mechanics showed up and said he was available to take me home.
    I have never been in a shop where the mechanics offer to take people home. You either get your own ride or sit and wait.

The math is right, but the DUmmie is still wrong because $1000.00 a month in food stamps can feed 15 people for a month.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Wow, really? This person doesn't think that $1,000 a month for food for 7 people is enough? Not only can 7 people eat on $1,000 a month but they can eat pretty damned well. I might not have lived in a house with 7 people but I lived in a house with 4 people and we ate damned well on about $250 a month. I'm talking steak and stuff like that. These people are such a parody of themselves it's not funny. Oh, and who their father is DOES matter.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

$1000 in food stamps a month is about right for a family of 7. With 6 kids, the odds are good that at least 1 or 2 of them is under 5, so the family is also getting WIC vouchers to buy specific food items that are of nutritious value for small kids.

On top of that, most resourceful poor people in big cities know which churches give away food and on what days they give it out. Lets say also that this woman does have 6 kids with 6 different fathers-as long as she is on welfare, the state is collecting any child support that is officially being paid, and applying it to the welfare case, so the mother is not seeing that money at all. But, the fathers still may be helping out with paying the bills, or buying diapers, or other unofficial ways. And the grandparents/families help each other out, too.

What an ignoramus, when I was little we had to feed 4 people in my family and we spent about 200 dollars every 2 weeks. Nowadays it's more like 150-200 a week because they only have to pay off the house and they buy brand name stuff now :p

If you cant live on 1k a month of free food, someone is eatig way too much or you're buying way too many real crab legs, while the rest of us is eating imitation crab legs because we're being taxed to feed your lazy ass

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Just out of the blue for no reason, right? Of course.
    He said the TV was on. These days it doesn't take much to get some folks talking to strangers about their feelings on welfare. Years in the restaurant business taught me that the easiest way to start a conversation with a stranger is to complain about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post

I have never been in a shop where the mechanics offer to take people home. You either get your own ride or sit and wait.
    My neighborhood garage is family owned and operated. The owner (Dad) usually drives people home or picks them up, but the boys occasionally do as well.

People do love to bitch about welfare semi-publicly, so I would give this one a strong MHH (might have happened).

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    The math is right, but the DUmmie is still wrong because $1000.00 a month in food stamps can feed 15 people for a month.
    That whiny woman on TV can feed and medicate an African child for fifty-cents a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That whiny woman on TV can feed and medicate an African child for fifty-cents a day.
    Don't forget educate and provide clean water.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    He said the TV was on. These days it doesn't take much to get some folks talking to strangers about their feelings on welfare. Years in the restaurant business taught me that the easiest way to start a conversation with a stranger is to complain about something.

My neighborhood garage is family owned and operated. The owner (Dad) usually drives people home or picks them up, but the boys occasionally do as well.

People do love to bitch about welfare semi-publicly, so I would give this one a strong MHH (might have happened).
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.