Thread: Saturday Night Jukebox: Jim Croce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Oh My My. Oh Hell Yes...

How bout some Headhunters...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtW5Rly53ag
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I really enjoy Jim Croce's music. I have a live album he did back in the early seventies which is excellent. Contains my favorite Croce song "Lover's Cross".

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I was so psyched to see this thread!

Jim Croce was from Upper Darby, PA (like Todd Rungren). the area just outside West Philly where I was born and spent a good deal of my childhood. Croce was like one of "ours". I loved all his songs, and my dad, who was never "cool", actually loved Croce's music and had all his songs on 8-track tape (remember 8-track?). Every road trip (like to my grandmother's in Germantown or down the shore on the Atlantic City Expressway) my dad used to play Croce tapes. Croce was the one musical artist that my dad and all the kids agreed on.

It was this huge shock when Croce died, but I think that made my dad really like him more. I can remember the lyrics of so many of his songs, and have "I have to say I love you in a song" on my computer.

Now that I live in San Diego, the Croce family is here. Jim Croce's wife has a club called "Croce's" in the Gaslamp district and his son (who looks so much like him) has a band.

Anyway, thanks for this thread. It brought back some great memories.

Banned
    Thanks Bubba Dawg. Great songs that brought back some great memories in my romping stomping days.

I was 13 when he died..I loved his music then and I still listen today

One of my favs was not a hit per se but was awesome none the less:
    Lover''s Cross

Power CUer
    I'm not big on "story songs"; Croce was okay, but I never had any of his albums. Harry Chapin I detested.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm not big on "story songs"; Croce was okay, but I never had any of his albums. Harry Chapin I detested.
    You must be a commie :p Another story teller artist is John P. Gotta ignore the lefty slant of the songs but they are good.rine

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I only know the one by Chapin...and I bawl every time I hear it.:o
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III