Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 You CANNOT reach out to or reason with Christian conservatives 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well,well...look who's back!!!

Tue Aug 21, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Philosoraptor

You CANNOT reach out to or reason with Christian conservatives

It's quite pointless, I've tried personally with family members, and there is simply no changing their minds about anything modern. They lock up their minds inside a little wall they've built, a wall of hatred, paranoia, illiterate Biblical literalism. You can't reach them in there, they feel safe there, and they aren't coming out from behind that wall.

I became alarmed when ronnie reagan courted the newly formed Christian coalition, at the same time the Jesus freak movement began, and the wave of born again-ism swept over the elections, gaining more momentum, seeping deeper into our government, they began systematically sneaking in the whackos, who then reveal themselves to be American Christian zealots who want this nation to be literally 'under God'.

If you've never known one of these types, and you're lucky enough not to have them in your own family, it might be hard to understand how they think, hard to wrap your mind around the things they believe, and more terrifyingly, hard to grasp exactly what they have in mind for America, for you and I.

todd akin of course is one of them, currently in our government, snuck in by toning down his crazy beliefs till after he's been elected. His only crime was letting slip what most of the gop all think among themselves but are never supposed to say in public. The republicans STILL want the whacko Christian vote, even though the crazier ones have got the dinosaur repubs by their little boy parts.

These people are usually just fine in every day life, they're our friends, relatives and neighbors, but we damned sure don't want them in a Democratic government, controlling our lives, molding our futures to their bizarre ideas. Church and state, SEPARATE, from now on, forever, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice FOR ALL.

Hi mopaul!!! Retarded as ever I see.
    May the FORCE be with you!

When a DUmmie says they want to 'reason with' a conservative Christian, it really means if the Christian doesn't recant their faith and say OH THANK YOU FOR OPENING MY EYES!

mopaul, ha
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Wow. Just wow. Ignorance is a wonderful thing.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Caution: That thread is unreadable. If you venture in expect to lose 80 IQ points right off the bat.
    Be Not Afraid.

5. #5 Re: You CANNOT reach out to or reason with Christian conservatives 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Caution: That thread is unreadable. If you venture in expect to lose 80 IQ points right off the bat.
    Which is why I haven't been venturing over much lately. Pure hatred spew seems to be bubbling out of that joint, even more so than usual.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    When a DUmmie says they want to 'reason with' a conservative Christian, it really means if the Christian doesn't recant their faith and say OH THANK YOU FOR OPENING MY EYES!

mopaul, ha

This ........

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Proving that hatred, prejudice, bigotry, and intolerance of Christians is perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post

mopaul, ha
    Anything less than a Paul back to Saul conversion and you are a closed minded bigot.

You know, what Mo Paul wrote about Christians is exactly what I feel about talking to liberals.

Cranmer's Law applies
    CRANMER’S LAW: “No matter how decent, intelligent or thoughtful the reasoning of a conservative may be, as an argument with a liberal is advanced, the probability of being accused of ‘bigotry’, ‘hatred’ or ‘intolerance’ approaches 1 (100%).”

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

That one's pretty mellow compared to some of his old posts. He must be getting soft.