Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    SLW and I are going to run over to CostCo this morning and pick up a bunch of stuff. We found
    a few of our battery powered lanterns were dead so we need to replace the bats in them and get some
    extra poocher food, maybe some more bottled water.

I need to get gas for the generator...I may hold off on that for another day.

Other than that, we are ready. Just have to bring the plants and crap in off the lani
    if it looks to be coming close.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Ok, we're back from buying stuff so that is a sure sign nothing will happen!!!

The experts are all surprised Isaac hasn't really taken off as all the conditions are
    now damn near ideal for growth. The dry air is gone, wind shear is basically zip, and
    warm water. The thing should be exploding...

Be careful SLW and SR, storm will be moving up the West Coast of Florida...luckily the eastern side is safe for now...with the exception of maybe Miami.

I have no hurricane supplies as I don't stay home. I'm either at my job (generators) or at my parent's (generators).

No hurricane parties this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Be careful SLW and SR, storm will be moving up the West Coast of Florida...luckily the eastern side is safe for now...with the exception of maybe Miami.

I have no hurricane supplies as I don't stay home. I'm either at my job (generators) or at my parent's (generators).

No hurricane parties this weekend.

Lots of supplies and a generator!!!

I want to see Geraldo blown off the SkyWay Bridge!!!! It better happen!!!

Started coming down hard here tonight, rainy, windy(torrential downpours)....I wonder if it's the outer bands or an unrelated storm.

Satellite is out, as usual

Started coming down hard here tonight, rainy, windy(torrential downpours)....I wonder if it's the outer bands or an unrelated storm.

Yeah...I can see the rain near you on radar. It's probably just Summer T-Storms, the center is no where near you yet. It's gonna be windy here, probably by late tomorrow night.

Coastal flooding is going to be an issue here, no way the water isn't going to pile up when the winds shift from the South...

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yeah...I can see the rain near you on radar. It's probably just Summer T-Storms, the center is no where near you yet. It's gonna be windy here, probably by late tomorrow night.

Coastal flooding is going to be an issue here, no way the water isn't going to pile up when the winds shift from the South...
    I'm mowing as fast as I can. I'm also trying to get in extra bicycle time. That and stockpiling ice is my hurricane preparedness. This will probably be my last year with Citizens and my last year in Florida. Next year.... Earthquakes!

Looks like it's still pouring near you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I'm mowing as fast as I can. I'm also trying to get in extra bicycle time. That and stockpiling ice is my hurricane preparedness. This will probably be my last year with Citizens and my last year in Florida. Next year.... Earthquakes!
    SR filled four 5 gallon gas cans to hopefully keep the generator going if the power goes out. We stocked up on water, and I'm hoping that the power goes on before the gas runs out. We have the frig going with the generator. I'm going to start getting more bags of ice ready from our automatic ice maker, so I can use it in one of our coolers to put stuff from the frig, so I won't be opening the frig door so often.

This is my first credible hurricane threat, so I'm getting nervous. SR thinks I'm overthinking stuff, but put some newspaper in the yard where the girls went out, thinking that if the hurricane (if it comes) might hang over us too long. I want the dogs to get the clue to go on paper in the garage. They've been trained to just go outside.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

She's overthinking stuff...