Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Ody, you are such a wit ... !
    But can he knit?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    But can he knit?
    Oh sweet pea ...

How could I have been so cruel?

You too, would indeed be welcome to come to our lively dinner-parties, darlin' ... just so long as you bring along some of your fresh pork cuts, preferrably baby-back ribs ... that Mr. ABC can do in his green egg dealy! ...

As to your question?

I can't knit to save my life ... so I really don't care if he can or not! So there!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Ody, you are such a wit ... (which I know *really* means intelligent, and not merely amusing.)
    I suspect that Mrs. O would say that you were half-right.

Wish that you could come to the dinner-parties in our circle of friends. You would be a most welcomed guest!
    Next time that I'm in Georgia, I'll let you know.

Even though I place a great deal of faith in what you write in your posts ... I can't help feeling that there is really, really, really ... something radically different going on at this time in the governing of our country.

Do you not have *any* doubts at all about what this president is capable of doing to us?

He has absolutely no respect for The Constitution on which our freedoms are based ... and to me without that, what do we have going for us?

I do not for one minute, think the results of this election, will be in any way honestly decided. Why of all things holy ... should our votes be counted in Spain of all places, on Soros' infernal machines to boot? This is beyond belief!

Oh Mercy! I have never had such negative feelings about the future, in all my years ... as I do under this man!
    I have no doubt that he will steal the election if he can through voter fraud or legal maneuvers, he's not going to launch a coup, for several reasons. First, the military would not back him, and not only would he lose the subsequent fight, but the Democrats who supported him would be tainted as criminals and usurpers in the public mind. Second, the vast majority of Americans, even liberals, would find a coup unacceptable. The majority of DUmmies would back him, but they are a fringe. No, if Obama were to lose the election by an obvious margin, the Democrats would fall back on the strategy that they used against Bush, a perpetual drumbeat of negativism, lies and attacks that would erode confidence and change the narrative.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'm amazed at how much this sounds like the DU, circa 2004, and again around 2007, near the end of the second term for GWB. Just substitute Bush for whatever name you each have for Obama, and you have the same thing. "He's going to cancel elections".

It's not going to happen. If Obama loses in November, he will leave the White House in January like every other ex-President before him. If he wins a second term, he will leave the White House in January of 2017, barring some unforseen circumstance that causes him to leave earlier than that date.

Face it-FDR never used WWII as an excuse to cancel elections, Lincoln didn't use the Civil War to cancel elections, it's just not going to happen, unless there is some type of event that literally makes elections impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm amazed at how much this sounds like the DU, circa 2004, and again around 2007, near the end of the second term for GWB. Just substitute Bush for whatever name you each have for Obama, and you have the same thing. "He's going to cancel elections".

It's not going to happen. If Obama loses in November, he will leave the White House in January like every other ex-President before him. If he wins a second term, he will leave the White House in January of 2017, barring some unforseen circumstance that causes him to leave earlier than that date.

Face it-FDR never used WWII as an excuse to cancel elections, Lincoln didn't use the Civil War to cancel elections, it's just not going to happen, unless there is some type of event that literally makes elections impossible.
    We have already seen Democrats attempt to steal a presidential election through elimination of ballots and legal maneuvering. There will be no coup, but there will be attempted fraud, and it will come from your side of the aisle.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!