Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    The way things have been going this week, we don't have to worry about Obama seizing power - but the Republicans just handing it to him, gift wrapped.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

In 2004 and 2008, DU was all upset, claiming that GWB would cancel elections and use 9-11 to justify grabbing dictatorial powers. Didn't happen.

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post

Good one!!

"No"

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I would think not ABC. If he is defeated the transition will go as normal.
    I think it will be different. If obama loses (by any margin), he will have all the lawyers he can find contesting it, and will try to get the supreme court to overturn it. It will be Al Gore 2000 in ten fold.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Was at a party Thursday night and was discussing the election with like-minded friends ... Conservatives all.

We all more or less agreed that if Obama wins or loses, we are in for some rough times.

If he loses, his supporters in the large inner-cities will most likely take to the streets in protest and wreak untold damage and chaos.

If he wins ... further down the road to ruining the economy, when the money funding the EBT cards finally runs out, or is cut back ... unimaginable protests, leading to looting and violence could take place.

Nice thoughts, huh? NOT!

On that note, am off to bed, to dream *sweet dreams!* ...
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Mercy!

And here I thought I was keeping my paranoia in check re the harm this bastard is capable of inflicting on us.

This particular thought scares me the most, especially since it comes from the American Thinker.

Read far, far, more here: .
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...#ixzz24EKfVIP4

Yikes! ... This really bothers me. I can't even take it all in at the moment.

I welcome your thoughts on this article and your opinion of it's author Stella Paul.

~ ABC
    The liberals asked the same question about GWB. Some expected him to concoct some sort of new 9/11-type crisis in order to declare himself "president for life." They could not see beyond their hatred of him in order to see that that's not the type of person he was and that he would never do such a thing.

Obama, however... I seriously doubt he would ever do such a thing, but of all the presidents who have ever been, it's not difficult to imagine him pulling something. The man is a narcissist and megalomaniac. He's all about himself, his own power and influence, and nothing else.

And you know what else? It's not difficult to imagine the liberals in this country who literally think of him as a god and messiah completely and happily going along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The only way a dictator can hold power beyond his term is if he has the support of the army or the secret police. No US President has the blind obedience of the army or the secret police.
    I was just talking to the secret police, and they said, well... it's secret. Nevermind.

That's not going to happen. What is far more likely scenario is widespread fraud, with the intent of gaming an electoral majority for the Dems. If that fails, then they will attempt to claim that the election was somehow illegitimate, and litigate their favored result. If that fails, they will claim that the election was stolen and spend the next four years undermining Romney, the way that they did with Bush.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I was just talking to the secret police, and they said, well... it's secret. Nevermind.

That's not going to happen. What is far more likely scenario is widespread fraud, with the intent of gaming an electoral majority for the Dems. If that fails, then they will attempt to claim that the election was somehow illegitimate, and litigate their favored result. If that fails, they will claim that the election was stolen and spend the next four years undermining Romney, the way that they did with Bush.
    Ody, you are such a wit ... (which I know *really* means intelligent, and not merely amusing.)

Wish that you could come to the dinner-parties in our circle of friends. You would be a most welcomed guest!

Even though I place a great deal of faith in what you write in your posts ... I can't help feeling that there is really, really, really ... something radically different going on at this time in the governing of our country.

Do you not have *any* doubts at all about what this president is capable of doing to us?

He has absolutely no respect for The Constitution on which our freedoms are based ... and to me without that, what do we have going for us?

I do not for one minute, think the results of this election, will be in any way honestly decided. Why of all things holy ... should our votes be counted in Spain of all places, on Soros' infernal machines to boot? This is beyond belief!

Oh Mercy! I have never had such negative feelings about the future, in all my years ... as I do under this man!
    American By Choice ~ 1980