Thread: My Dog

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We use the paper ones but this must have been going on for a while if they found a wad of them. I would of thought he hated them considering it's what my wife uses to clean his ears. Maybe that's why he was eating them to get rid of them. Anyway, wife spoke with the hospital this evening and he is improving but still not eating. His sodium levels were high so they're adjusting that and they did another ultrasound and it came out OK, thank God.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I hope he heals up quick.

I lost my cat a couple of weeks ago (the cat I posted about earlier this year) due to liver failure. He was misdiagnosed as having the flu. He got better before he got worse and I had to put him down.

I cried like a baby at the vet's office.

I hope your's is a happy ending NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    We use the paper ones but this must have been going on for a while if they found a wad of them. I would of thought he hated them considering it's what my wife uses to clean his ears. Maybe that's why he was eating them to get rid of them. Anyway, wife spoke with the hospital this evening and he is improving but still not eating. His sodium levels were high so they're adjusting that and they did another ultrasound and it came out OK, thank God.
    This deal is going to cost you some money, it will be nice to get him stable and home.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This deal is going to cost you some money, it will be nice to get him stable and home.
    It's already cost us $7200, and it has wiped us out.

Sorry to hear about all your trouble.It's never an easy decision when dealing with family pets. They become part of the family and it's not just a matter of putting them down because it's convenient, they are like our kids and we will spend whatever amount it takes to make them well. I know how it is, 3 years ago I lost my Yorkie KOKO. We had been together for 9 years and when he died it hurt, bad.

I'll say a prayer for you and your pooch and I hope everything turns out good.
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    ROCK!!!!!

Sorry those costs are so damn high NJ.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    ROCK!!!!!

Sorry those costs are so damn high NJ.
    It was on the dog shaming site.

Really Rock? My dog might die so you thought it best to joke about it?

So glad that your dog is doing better, but sorry to hear about that bill. Those vets in NJ must be really expensive, but it sounds like they did a marathon with that surgery.

Have you paid it already? Maybe see if you can talk to the vet. I've had them reduce the bill on occasion.

When Bella tore her side open, we talked to the vet and she admitted that a couple of things they had proposed weren't really necessary for a dog that young. Bella got along just fine.

I'm just glad that you have a vet with the skill to make your pup better. Try to talk to the vet; maybe he or she will have mercy.

A friend here in Sarasota has a spaniel with heart problems. She said that over the last year they've had over 10k in bills, but can't afford it.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"