Thread: My Dog

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Not only does this vet have no mercy, they wanted more money as a deposit today in case he has to stay longer. However, after speaking with the tech a little while ago, as long as he isn't vomiting or retching he should be able to come home tomorrow.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Really Rock? My dog might die so you thought it best to joke about it?
    I saw that and thought your dog isn't the only animal to eat Qtips, no malice intended.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Not only does this vet have no mercy, they wanted more money as a deposit today in case he has to stay longer. However, after speaking with the tech a little while ago, as long as he isn't vomiting or retching he should be able to come home tomorrow.

After you get your pooch back I could arrange for an "accidental" Turbo Laser strike on the Vet Office...

May the FORCE be with you!

Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful but there comes a time when you think you're being taken advantage of.

That's really a shame that they couldn't have been kinder, but at least it sounds like they did a good job.

I quit going to the first vet we found here in Sarasota. When SR was still in the hospital with the stroke, Blue was so sick and couldn't walk. He had been getting so terribly thin. A neighbor helped me take him in. Although skinny, he was a very big dog and I couldn't get him into my car.

The vet didn't do much, but kept him for the day. There was no overnight, no discernible treatment. I thought that it was time for poor Blue, but wanted him to be home for SR. I was mad when that vet charged me $400+ and said Blue was walking. 2 techs carried him out on the bed the neighbor and I had carried him in on. He couldn't walk. I had a terrible time getting him into the house, took at least a half hour and lots of tears.

I never went back there. Poor Blue had cancer and it wasn't diagnosed for so long. They finally told me when we brought Blue in for the last time. I wouldn't have let my heart dog suffer if I had known his condition earlier.

Yours is more cheerful, other than the money, which is really tough. At least he'll be coming home with you and your wife. Hope you can get him tomorrow.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Just want to let you all know that he's home. He's a little mopey but that's to be expected. He has a slew of meds to take including regular old pepcid AC. He ate from my wife's hand when he got home and took some meds. He's resting in his new bed we bought him. The only concern is that he tries to lick his incisions and if he keeps that up we'll have to put him in one of those collars. We'll keep you all posted.

Update: Rocky is now eating. Boiled chicken. It's something. Here he is convalescing in his new bed:

Last edited by NJCardFan; 08-26-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Update: Rocky is now eating. Boiled chicken. It's something. Here he is convalescing in his new bed:

What a cutie. I'll bet he's so glad to be home. And I suspect he loves all that special attention and boiled chicken, too.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    He's a lucky dogger!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

He is. The trouble now is giving him his meds. That is a contest.