Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 That darn GOP does not think it's rape if we enjoy the sex during rape! 
    demgurl (3,114 posts)
    I was raped.
    It was 20+ years ago and I spoke about it, here, once before. No, I did not get pregnant but that does not mean I can not speak out against the craziness people are professing. Being raped was one of the worst things that ever happened to me.

There are things that happen, when you are raped, that most people do not even think about. For instance, I had to be checked to see if I received any STD's! It is not fun going through a rape and then having to wait a week to see if you now have a disease that can't be cured or may even kill you.

I was on birth control so I thankfully did not have to worry about that.

I did have to make a decision about whether to go to the cops. For many reasons I chose not to make a report. I was ashamed. I did not want to deal with buffoons who might ask how I was dressed or if I asked for it. I also did not want to be put on trial when it was not me who broke the law. After seeing more public rape trials, I am glad I did not report the crime.

I can't believe what Akin and others are saying. Moreover, when I listen to conservative radio talk shows, I can't believe I have heard regular people call in and defend the stance that Akin took. Do they truly understand the path they are going down and what they are saying? Do they realize the ramifications of what they are stating? Have you thought of the results?

Women who have been raped have trouble coming forward already but this could eviscerate the number of rapes that are reported. Women will have trouble coming forward because if they end up pregnant then it is their fault because they enjoyed it, right? And how long will it be before a court trial happens where a raped woman ended up impregnated? Will the lawyer claim it was not really rape because the rape survivor got pregnant? It sounds crazy but up until a few days ago the whole legitimate rape theory seemed crazy enough that no one would believe it.

The next thing is something I shudder to say and have had an internal struggle with for days. I will say it because the meaning is what counts. I have heard that a guy can be raped against his will and can have an erection even under duress of not wanting the sex. If a woman 'enjoys' being raped (there is no such thing) by being lubricated enough (or what the heck does it even mean to enjoy it?) then does that mean it was never a crime to begin with? Someone you have never met before takes a knife to your neck and rapes you, by GOP standards this means if you get pregnant it was never a crime? In essence is that not what they are saying? You get pregnant and no matter how bruised you are and no matter how many years of therapy you need, you wanted it and you wanted it badly. So if you are held up and shot but you get pregnant that night, by your husband, does that mean a crime was not committed? This is ludicrous.

The only thing the GOP is trying to do is take away abortion for all people by saying it is not rape if the woman enjoyed it and if you enjoyed the sex then an abortion is a no-no. We need to let everyone know it is not an acceptable way to do things. We need to put a face to rapists so that people are not just voting based on faceless people. We need people to know that every woman can be raped. It can be your Mother, daughter, sister, girlfriend or wife. Anyone can be effected by a rape and adding a 9 month pregnancy to this trauma, along with the stigma that the person enjoyed it, is not acceptable. Everyone needs to speak out.
    This is going to be a good campfire

Let's throw in "I was raped while in the military"........

LiberalLoner (4,120 posts)

2. Thank you for being brave enough to post

I agree with you 100%. I was raped too, both as a child and a woman. When a fellow soldier raped me I waited an agonizing two weeks because I wasn't on the pill. I knew enough to know I didn't dare tell anyone in the Army. My plan if I turned up pregnant was to pour Jet a-1 on myself and be a bonfire. No abortions overseas in the Army. It's that rule you know.
    FirstLight (7,635 posts)

3. ...I agree wholeheartedly!

I was raped by my (now ex)husband, multiple times, one may even say my youngest was a result....but supposedly that doesn't count either.

You touch on so many of the terms and arguments we are hearing and have been subjected to in the idiocy of these anti-women's rights baffoons. It galls me that we are even having these conversations or that these people would be so ignorant or medieval that they would suggest these things in a modern society. How vulgar, what are we, in the 10th century?
    I can only hope and pray that by the light being shown on the idiocy of these beliefs that sanity will prevail and we can stop this debate once and for all. I wish Obama would just come out and say "look, this was settled back in 1973 by the SCOTUS, the debate is done. Woman have rights to their bodies, and healthcare will support that right...end of story"

seriously, why are they even still arguing this? they can make their own choice to not have abortions in their families and churches... why does it have to effect the rest of us?

and aren't there WAY more important things to be discussing...?

thanks for letting me vent here too and thank you for being so honest about your experience also...
    Conservities know that rape is serious and life changing. We don't wish that on anyone, ever. That is why we asked for Todd Akin to step out of the race for relection due to his comments.

DUmmies supported Clinton when he lied about cheating on his wife & lying under oath. :lmao:

Just goes to show the only things the DUmmies know about us are what they are told to believe.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

There are things that happen, when you are raped, that most people do not even think about. For instance, I had to be checked to see if I received any STD's! It is not fun going through a rape and then having to wait a week to see if you now have a disease that can't be cured or may even kill you.

I was on birth control so I thankfully did not have to worry about that.
    ??

Someone fell asleep in sex ed.

I was raped by my (now ex)husband, multiple times, one may even say my youngest was a result....but supposedly that doesn't count either.
    Is this chick wishing she had an abortion? This thread makes very little sense..
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Hey Dummies...what about this statement...

"all" heterosexual intercourse is rape," - Andrea Dworkin.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    I'm not sure making fun of rape scenarios is really where people want to go here, is it? There's already a perception problem with conservatives on this.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    DUmmies supported Clinton when he lied about cheating on his wife & lying under oath. :lmao:
    More than that. They supported him when Juanita Broaddrick accused him of rape.

I suppose that if Akin had said, "that isn't rape-rape", he could have applied for the Whoopie Goldberg exemption.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I wonder how many rapes the person who raped demgurl perpetrated because demgurl decided not to go to the cops. And then to use her rape for political purposes to stereotype millions of people because one idiot said something stupid. Especially when we all say it was stupid.

I don't see anyone making fun of rape.

We are making fun of DUmmies and pointing out the obvious hypocrisy (again) of liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    I wonder how many rapes the person who raped demgurl perpetrated because demgurl decided not to go to the cops. And then to use her rape for political purposes to stereotype millions of people because one idiot said something stupid. Especially when we all say it was stupid.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    True.