Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The logic in the OP is not only is stupid, it makes me want to vomit.

If a woman 'enjoys' being raped (there is no such thing) by being lubricated enough (or what the heck does it even mean to enjoy it?) then does that mean it was never a crime to begin with? Someone you have never met before takes a knife to your neck and rapes you, by GOP standards this means if you get pregnant it was never a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm not sure making fun of rape scenarios is really where people want to go here, is it?
    Sure it is!

:: runs away laughing ::
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

by GOP standards this means if you get pregnant it was never a crime?
    Who's saying it wasn't a crime? Akin said that what he meant by "legitimate rape" was that someone could be lying about being raped in order to get an abortion. Which isn't even necessary I don't think, because as far as I know, you don't have to give a reason as to why you want an abortion.

So ya, if you're raped it's a crime. DUmmies are so DUmb.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm not sure making fun of rape scenarios is really where people want to go here, is it? There's already a perception problem with conservatives on this.
    Holy shit, now you're a concern troll. Too funny.
    Be Not Afraid.

Some women have orgasms when raped, because it is sometimes the automatic response the body has, not because she enjoyed it. Not that long ago, it was believed that if a woman had an orgasm, it wasn't rape. My soap portrayed it that way as recently as 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Some women have orgasms when raped, because it is sometimes the automatic response the body has, not because she enjoyed it. Not that long ago, it was believed that if a woman had an orgasm, it wasn't rape. My soap portrayed it that way as recently as 1979.
    No matter how the body responds. If it's not consensual, it's rape.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    No matter how the body responds. If it's not consensual, it's rape.

I know that, you know that, but there are still some dumb people who don't undderstand it.

Glenn Beck:

While the conversation started out fairly light hearted, it quickly took a more serious turn as Glenn took the left to task for trying to take something said by a Missouri Senate candidate and tie it to the national election. Moreso, Glenn pointed out that while Akin’s comments were blatantly inaccurate, the thinking that a woman’s reproductive system would “shut down” during trauma (like rape) was a theory presented in the 1970s.

“When we started looking into it and if you Google that opinion and you look at things that have not come out for the last week, that opinion is out there. It’s all based on a 1970s study, but it is out there,” Glenn said.

And while Glenn said the comments make him question Akin’s judgement, he did say that if the left and liberal organizations like Planned Parenthood had been honest about their goals, they would have used this as an opportunity to educate the public about the realities behind rape and pregnancy rather than simply attack Akin and try and take the GOP presidential ticket down with him.
    I read so many different takes on the Akin stuff, but I knew I had heard about a 70s study that tried to prove the "shut down during trama" theory. Akin didn't come up with this stupidity on his own, he recalled something from the 70s and blurted it out foolishly, without realizing how stupid it was.

And yes, PP could have used this opportunity to educate, but they don't care about that, they care about keeping Obama and their funding safe.

Link
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Glenn Beck:

I read so many different takes on the Akin stuff, but I knew I had heard about a 70s study that tried to prove the "shut down during trama" theory. Akin didn't come up with this stupidity on his own, he recalled something from the 70s and blurted it out foolishly, without realizing how stupid it was.

And yes, PP could have used this opportunity to educate, but they don't care about that, they care about keeping Obama and their funding safe.

Link
    Nice job on finding that Gina!