Thread: Egypt's president to visit U.S. in September

1. #1 Egypt's president to visit U.S. in September 
    Link
    CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's President Mohamed Mursi will visit the United States on September 23, making his first trip there since taking power in June, the presidential spokesman said on Wednesday.

The United States was a close ally of Egypt under ousted President Hosni Mubarak and gives $1.3 billion in military aid a year to Egypt plus other assistance.

Long wary of Islamists, Washington opened formal talks with Mursi's Muslim Brotherhood in 2011 as the group emerged as a major player in the political scene of the first Arab state to sign a peace treaty with Israel. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton met Mursi in Egypt during a visit in July.

"President Mursi will visit the United States on September 23 after his visit to China," presidential spokesman Yasser Ali told Reuters, referring to a visit to Beijing next week.

In July, U.S. President Barack Obama invited Mursi to the United States in September during the U.N. General Assembly meetings, but no date was announced.

Mursi is due to visit China on August 27 and will then go to Iran to attend a meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement on August 30. His first official visit was to Saudi Arabia.
    Arghhh. I wonder if he and/or his entourage will demonstrate a crucifixion?

*No I'm not suggesting harm to the president.*
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Link

Arghhh. I wonder if he and/or his entourage will demonstrate a crucifixion?

*No I'm not suggesting harm to the president.*
    That's only for Dar al Salaam. For Dar al Harb, they prefer to practice taqiyya, or lying for Islam. Whatever works, you know...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Friendship with terrorists, what more do we need to convince this country we have elected the enemy.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg