1. #1 Romney's bold energy plan 

Romney's bold energy plan

Today Gov. Romney rolled out his energy plan during a campaign stop in Nevada. The ambitious proposal (PDF) is to make North American energy independent by 2020. It's basically the opposite of President Obama's policies, so let's start with a reminder of what Obama did:

(1) Obama put a moratorium on offshore drilling that blocks development on 85% of America's continental shelf.

(2) Obama's Environmental Protection Agency routinely overreached by lawlessly forcing states to comply with arbitrary regulations and then was slapped down by the courts in costly litigation.

(3) Obama's Department of the Interior behaved so badly denying development permits that it was held in contempt of court.

(4) Obama's stimulus bill spent billions in "green" energy projects that went bankrupt or went to fund foreign companies.

The combined result of the Obama policies was to make gasoline, natural gas and electricity more expensive than they would otherwise have been. Obama's policies were exactly the type of thing that does not help the working and middle classes, who are least able to adapt to rising prices of gasoline and electricity.

Romney wants to change all that. Whereas the President has put a federal stranglehold on permits for oil, gas and coal production, Romney proposes to let the states take the lead in energy production permitting. In other words, if California wants to let its enormous mineral wealth sit uselessly in the ground, that's California's business. On the other hand, states like Colorado, North Dakota, Utah and Texas, all of which want to enjoy the plumb growth economies that come with the energy industry, wouldn't find themselves buried under a mountain of paperwork and environmental lawsuits.

On that note, rather than use the EPA to "crucify" the oil and gas industry, as one of the President's EPA officials bragged, Romney proposes to reform the laws and the regulations that the EPA and environmentalists have regularly used to paralyze energy development. That includes approval for the Keystone XL pipeline that would link us with Canada's growing energy wealth and reinforce North American energy independence. It also includes opening more offshore areas for drilling in the states that want it.

Ultimately, the goal of Romney's energy plan is to guarantee affordable, reliable energy. Along the way, the proposal aims to deliver new jobs and greater economic growth. What the plan does not do is mention global warming. And it does not promise to spend federal tax dollars on green energy projects that cannot survive in the free market. I expect those omissions are deliberate and I expect they'll form the root of Democrats' objection to Romney's plan.

NYDailyNews

Sarah Palin's perfume is in the air.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Wow, you mean that Romney wants to actually use what resources we have here in the states and lowering the amount we import? How radical!!!! [/sarcasm]
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If it covers more than "put seaweed in your tank" then it is extremely bold.
    Be Not Afraid.

I was kinda hoping to hear some talk about the outright elimination of the Gestapo EPA.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    I was kinda hoping to hear some talk about the outright elimination of the Gestapo EPA......
    While I think you're on the right track, the EPA actually used to serve a useful function - it protected the environment. Maybe if they had about 1/20th the number of people in the agency, they might get back to their original mission.

If the EPA is used for the proper purpose, I will have no issue with it. I am glad to see that Romney is wanting to do what he mentioned. That would be awesome to see it done.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Romney's plan includes putting coal resources back to work. I think there will be money to be made in coal if Romney wins, and I think he will, at this point.

There are two coal ETF's although both of them are global in nature, which doesn't appeal to me, and a whole bunch of coal companies to chose from. Most coal companies have really suffered under Obama.
    I have found that the quality of the background work (I call it prospecting) I do is directly related to my stock market results. In other words when I put in a lot of time I get good results. What a surprise, huh?

Work, y'all. There's money out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Romney's plan includes putting coal resources back to work. I think there will be money to be made in coal if Romney wins, and I think he will, at this point.

There are two coal ETF's although both of them are global in nature, which doesn't appeal to me, and a whole bunch of coal companies to chose from. Most coal companies have really suffered under Obama.
    I have found that the quality of the background work (I call it prospecting) I do is directly related to my stock market results. In other words when I put in a lot of time I get good results. What a surprise, huh?

Work, y'all. There's money out there.

Yes, if Romney is elected, I will be seriously looking at coal ETF's. They will be booming.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

It all sounds good on camera.