Thread: Sunday

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Normally, yes. This time we have family coming from Guatemala, Montana, Virginia and Texas. Kind of complicated.
    I can totally understand. This year we are having a big Christmas party at my house...family, friends and business clients. I have started planning.

Power CUer
    I have Christmas presents for friends pretty much lined up; I've knitted some pieces, did some shopping on a trip earlier this year, etc.

Today isn't about Christmas, though; it's our 22nd wedding anniversary. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I have Christmas presents for friends pretty much lined up; I've knitted some pieces, did some shopping on a trip earlier this year, etc.

Today isn't about Christmas, though; it's our 22nd wedding anniversary. :)
    Happy Anniversary! 22 years?! My goal is 7 this time.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Congratulations!

Gee, the Sunday thread seems so, um, boring without CW's usual pseudo-intellectual ramblings, complete with graphics.

Christmas shopping, what's that? :p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Nice and cool today on the mountain. We went for a drive up through Franklin NC to Bryson City and Cherokee, bought an ice cream cone and drove home. It was pretty. The leaves aren't even starting to turn yet.

TOTD: The older I get, the fewer family member I have with whom to celebrate the holiday, but interestingly enough that makes me enjoy it even more. Maybe it's because I don't have to scramble to buy gifts and such, but I get more into the music, the TV shoes and movies, the Midnight Mass. Advent.

I start to get excited at the beginning of Advent.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

TOTD: I'm excited for Christmas this year. My family decided that we didn't want to give each others gifts and instead wanted to do something fun and different together. So we are all chipping in and renting a train car on the Verde Valley Train (the caboose, actually). After the train ride, we are heading up to Sedona to ooh and aah at some Christmas lights and enjoy some hot apple cider. We'll gather at Mom & Dad's the following week for a Christmas dinner but no presents. We were all tired of giving and getting useless crap that ends up in garage sales in a couple of years.

My mom, sister, and I did something similar for our birthdays this year. Instead of giving presents, we pooled our money and went on a weekend excursion to Las Vegas. So much fun and so many great memories were made on this trip. I'll take that over useless junk anyday.

I hope this is a tradition our family keeps for years to come.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Gee, the Sunday thread seems so, um, boring without CW's usual pseudo-intellectual ramblings, complete with graphics.

Christmas shopping, what's that? :p
    Hey! It would have been "hard work" from my Blackberry and, as we all know, "working hard" is hard. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Hey! It would have been "hard work" from my Blackberry and, as we all know, "working hard" is hard. :D
    Hey! Shithead! I don't need this abuse. You were the delinquent one.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III