Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Lance Armstrong gives up fight against USADA, raising questions about his innocence 
    Super Moderator bijou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,207
    In the end, Lance Armstrong quit. And no matter how fiercely he writes his statements or fires rockets on Twitter or demands we continue to buy into the fantasy that in a world of doping cyclists he alone was clean and rode faster and stronger, he still quit on Thursday night.
    By quitting, he let the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency say he was guilty, say his seven Tour de France championships were as fake as everything else in a dirty sport. Because if he was innocent, if there was some means to battle the organization with no legal power the way he had the U.S. Department of Justice, he would not be letting USADA try to yank the yellow jerseys from his closet.
    No way if there’s even a hint of hope does Lance Armstrong let this happen to his name. He was always too proud, too defiant, too stubborn to give up. He beat cancer. He beat the federal government. He beat everything that came his way. He didn’t relent.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lance-a...nnocence-.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    4,661
    I thought it was innocent until proven guilty. At most they have secondhand statements from other people and no direct evidence of any kind. It was just too much garbage to keep it up. Let them do their worst and pay no attention to'm.

    I do not believe that the USADA has the power to directly strip the titles but must convince the ICU and the IOC to do so.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Link
    Anti-doping group bans Armstrong for life, strips titles, as Tour de France reviews case
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I thought it was innocent until proven guilty. At most they have secondhand statements from other people and no direct evidence of any kind. It was just too much garbage to keep it up. Let them do their worst and pay no attention to'm.

    I do not believe that the USADA has the power to directly strip the titles but must convince the ICU and the IOC to do so.
    Apparently allegations are all you need....
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Apparently allegations are all you need....
    No, I need way more ---the usada on the other hand are much like congress, they don't really need anything but the desire. I really hope the TdF organizers tell them to go to hell which they do have the option of doing.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I thought it was innocent until proven guilty. At most they have secondhand statements from other people and no direct evidence of any kind. It was just too much garbage to keep it up. Let them do their worst and pay no attention to'm.

    I do not believe that the USADA has the power to directly strip the titles but must convince the ICU and the IOC to do so.
    When someone makes an allegation against you, you tell them to prove it or shut the F up. Especially at this level.

    Before he announced this, Armstrong was the legit winner of all those Tours, the guy that overcame cancer, trained his ass off and showed the world a thing or two about how to ride a bike. He didn't dope and I believed it. Innocent until guilty.

    Now that he has thrown in the towel without a fight, something smells bad and now he's just a cheating asshole like every other cheating asshole that thought he could cheat and get away with it. F him.

    Maybe I just need to read more about the story.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    W
    Now that he has thrown in the towel without a fight, something smells bad and now he's just a cheating asshole like every other cheating asshole that thought he could cheat and get away with it. F him.
    l:
    I disagree, he must be worn out from fighting and had just had enough. He's a Cancer survivor and he knows there are more important things to do with his time then fight bureaucracy. They have no proof and that's enough for me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I disagree, he must be worn out from fighting and had just had enough. He's a Cancer survivor and he knows there are more important things to do with his time then fight bureaucracy. They have no proof and that's enough for me.
    If there's no evidence then come out and say "there's no evidence, you guys are douches for accusing me of such things. If you have evidence, produce it or shut the heck up". It the same thing we tell Harry Reid with his "I heard Romney doesn't pay taxes" thing. Either produce or shut up.

    Anyway, Nike is thinking along your lines from what I understand. I thought I heard they aren't dropping him or his foundation.

    I know nothing of his foundation. I imagine it does some good. I hope it doesn't suffer.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If there's no evidence then come out and say "there's no evidence, you guys are douches for accusing me of such things.
    He has stated that publicly.

    I will stop buying Nike because they still use Vick for endorsements. But I think Armstrong is a stand up guy and lots of jealous athletes out there are trying to tarnish his name.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    When someone makes an allegation against you, you tell them to prove it or shut the F up. Especially at this level.

    Before he announced this, Armstrong was the legit winner of all those Tours, the guy that overcame cancer, trained his ass off and showed the world a thing or two about how to ride a bike. He didn't dope and I believed it. Innocent until guilty.

    Now that he has thrown in the towel without a fight, something smells bad and now he's just a cheating asshole like every other cheating asshole that thought he could cheat and get away with it. F him.

    Maybe I just need to read more about the story.
    How many more yrs or decades do you expect him to continue wasting his time , effort and money defending against such charges before you consider it not giving up without a fight ?
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •