Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    What county? I'd love to meet you over a beer (or other adult libation) one time I'm up there. I have a home near Dahlonega that is currently rented...but get up that way often.
    Hi Hawkgirl ...

We live in Towns County overlooking Lake Chatuge. Approx. 20 miles south of the western NC border.

Fav adult beverage is a glass of Merlot.

Then again, on special occasions, am not immune to Fuzzy Navel's with some vodka in them ... Margaritas ... [actually "Naked Ladies" as a bartender in San Antonio once called Margaritas without salt!] ... and my fav most fattening drink I love to serve to friends at Christmas time ... Pina Coladas! Yummy!!!

Also, am not immune to Coors Light outside in the heat of the summer. When we lived in Florida, used to order a Corona with a lime in it. Refreshing to say the least!

Well, that should about cover it, don'tcha think? ...

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

OK, back on topic here ...

My dad, used to call it "The Beautiful Pacific North West."

It was so "verdant" (family joke, actually) and I used to say back to him, "Well it bloody well should be, Dad ... it rains most of the time!!! ...

He had a place in Blaine, Washington. An adorable little resort town on the water, where I used to visit him and his live in lady-friend. (another, inside the family story ... )

Mr. ABC stayed home, and since I am a somewhat chicken driver ... I was always hanging around Sea-Tac airport waiting for my transportation up to his area.

And yes, Bellingham, which was nearby ... has wonderfull little coffee shops where you could order a mixture of beans of your choice, and even have it ground for you if desired.

The mere *smell* of those places, was heavenly!
    American By Choice ~ 1980