Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    From the article in the OP.
    again, this suit was against samsung.... not google. the creator of android.

Nice try....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Apple is just pissed because they know they product a product that is greatly inferior to Samsung with it's use of the Droid OS.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Apple is just pissed because they know they product a product that is greatly inferior to Samsung with it's use of the Droid OS.
    Pretty much

If you own any Android phone, not necessarily a Samsung model: The Apple-Samsung verdict could affect all smartphone titans, but Android maker Google (GOOG, Fortune 500) is the first on that list.

That's because the Android software that got Samsung in trouble is relatively the same across manufacturers. Armed with patents now deemed valid by at least one jury, Apple could go on to sue Google and its phone partners.

JPMorgan analyst Doug Anmuth called the verdict "a setback for [the] Android ecosystem" in a note to clients on Monday, warning that both Google and its partners "will likely now have to work around certain features of the operating system and their devices."

Android users could see those workarounds in a software update that changes how some features work. Even the threat of that could be enough to give consumers pause when buying their next smartphone, some experts believe.

"It's a psychological victory for Apple," said Carrier the Rutgers law professor. "Now it's in the back of consumers' minds: Will my phone work the same way in a few months? Even if the answer is yes, the seed of doubt is there."

CNNMONEY

Specifically - "multiple variations of the Galaxy S and S II, the Droid Charge and the Galaxy Prevail" will be removed from the market.

Customers who own those devices don't need to worry that anyone will take their phones away. Samsung could license Apple's software patents to keep all of its phones' features intact. Some legal experts note it's possible that those phones could receive a software update that tweaks how they look and work
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

The iPhone 5 does have LTE in it. I wonder what Samsung is going to do?

When it comes down to it. iPhone is better than droid. Of course, this is coming from an Apple fan.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    If you own any Android phone, not necessarily a Samsung model: The Apple-Samsung verdict could affect all smartphone titans, but Android maker Google (GOOG, Fortune 500) is the first on that list.

That's because the Android software that got Samsung in trouble is relatively the same across manufacturers. Armed with patents now deemed valid by at least one jury, Apple could go on to sue Google and its phone partners.

JPMorgan analyst Doug Anmuth called the verdict "a setback for [the] Android ecosystem" in a note to clients on Monday, warning that both Google and its partners "will likely now have to work around certain features of the operating system and their devices."

Android users could see those workarounds in a software update that changes how some features work. Even the threat of that could be enough to give consumers pause when buying their next smartphone, some experts believe.

"It's a psychological victory for Apple," said Carrier the Rutgers law professor. "Now it's in the back of consumers' minds: Will my phone work the same way in a few months? Even if the answer is yes, the seed of doubt is there."

CNNMONEY

Specifically - "multiple variations of the Galaxy S and S II, the Droid Charge and the Galaxy Prevail" will be removed from the market.

Customers who own those devices don't need to worry that anyone will take their phones away. Samsung could license Apple's software patents to keep all of its phones' features intact. Some legal experts note it's possible that those phones could receive a software update that tweaks how they look and work
    Zafod will take this as a personal affront, I have no idea why but he seams to think this has nothing to do with android.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    The iPhone 5 does have LTE in it. I wonder what Samsung is going to do?

When it comes down to it. iPhone is better than droid. Of course, this is coming from an Apple fan.
    So you admit that you're an IDrone. Sorry, Apple products are overpriced for what you get.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

The big Cheese
    Zafod will take this as a personal affront, I have no idea why but he seams to think this has nothing to do with android.
    Huh? I don't take any of this personal.

I do see a pattern where you feel the need to try and be a pest towards me on a regular basis...

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    So you admit that you're an IDrone. Sorry, Apple products are overpriced for what you get.
    If someone offered me an I phone free I might use it.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The big Cheese
    If someone offered me an I phone free I might use it.
    The iPhone 4 is free now...