Thread: A New On-Line Scam?

1. #1 A New On-Line Scam? 
    I received this - this morning. Tell me what you think and what it might be.

You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
    Sent: Sun 9/21/08 5:51 AM

Dear Friend,

I know you would be surprised to read from someone relatively unknown to you before now. My name is Sgt. Chaney Sam, a master sgt. of The U.S. Marine, deployed to Iraq in the beginning of the war in 2003.

I would like to share some highly personal classified information about my personal experience and role which I played in the pursuit of my career serving under the U.S ARMY which was at the fore-front of the

war in Iraq.

Though, I would like to hold back certain information for security reasons for now until you have found time to visit the BBC website stated below to enable you have insight regarding what I intend to share with

you, believing that it would be of your desired interest in one way or the other.Here is a BBC news listing that confirms what I share with you. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

Also, could you get back to me having visited the above website to enable us discuss in a more vivid manner to the best of your understanding. I must say that I'm very uncomfortable sending this message to

you without knowing truly if you would misconstrue the importance and decide to go public.In this regards,I will not hold backto say that the essence of this letter is strictly for mutual benefit of you and I and

nothing more.
    I will be more vivid and coherent in my next email in this regards.Meanwhile,could you send me a mail confirming you have visited the site and understood my intentions? Standing by for your response.
    Warm regards,Dear Friend,

I know you would be surprised to read from someone relatively unknown to you before now. My name is Sgt. Chaney Sam, a master sgt. of The U.S. Marine, deployed to Iraq in the beginning of the war in 2003.

I would like to share some highly personal classified information about my personal experience and role which I played in the pursuit of my career serving under the U.S ARMY which was at the fore-front of the

war in Iraq.

Though, I would like to hold back certain information for security reasons for now until you have found time to visit the BBC website stated below to enable you have insight regarding what I intend to share with

you, believing that it would be of your desired interest in one way or the other.Here is a BBC news listing that confirms what I share with you. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

Also, could you get back to me having visited the above website to enable us discuss in a more vivid manner to the best of your understanding. I must say that I'm very uncomfortable sending this message to

you without knowing truly if you would misconstrue the importance and decide to go public.In this regards,I will not hold backto say that the essence of this letter is strictly for mutual benefit of you and I and

nothing more.
    I will be more vivid and coherent in my next email in this regards.Meanwhile,could you send me a mail confirming you have visited the site and understood my intentions? Standing by for your response.
    Warm regards,
    Kindly reply this mail via: sgtchaneysam101@googlemail.com
    or call: +44-7040130208
    Sgt. Chaney Sam

Sgt. Chaney Sam
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

It appears to be written by a Nigerian (or at least someone for whom English is not necessarily a first language, yet has some facility in it) looking to see if the email address is live. If you reply, expect follow up spam from the nephew of the oil minister. :)

Looks like a variation on the Nigerian oil revenues scam. He'll need your help to get the money out of Iraq, and, of course, you'll have to front some money for "expenses" or something similar. If you reply, you will be inundated with spam from other scammers.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

NeunElfer SuperMod hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    It appears to be written by a Nigerian (or at least someone for whom English is not necessarily a first language, yet has some facility in it) looking to see if the email address is live. If you reply, expect follow up spam from the nephew of the oil minister. :)
    I was going to say the same thing, based on:

"that it would be of your desired interest in one way or the other"

"enable us discuss in a more vivid manner to the best of your understanding"

Those, and a supposed US marine signing off with "warmest regards" to a complete stranger.

He has a UK mobile number. I'm half tempted to play this fool.

hmmm, this has a familiar ring

Fraudwatch

SAM CHENEY - Fake Job (Money Mule Scam)

The following is an example email for this fake job, otherwise known as a money mule scam. Please forward all fake job emails to scams@fraudwatchinternational.com
    Good tidings to you as you read. My name is SAM CHENEY.We are looking forward to get representatives around the USA/CANADA that can be working for us as a part-time job, which we are willing to pay 10% of every money you receive from our clients. You are to receive payment from our Clients, Cash Payments at your Bank, deduct 10% which will be your pay on Payment processed, Forward balance after deduction of percentage to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to.

If you are interested, we would require your: Full Name Home Address City, State and Zip code Telephone Number (s), Also provide us details of where you work and your position in your work place and also provide the name of the bank you bank with.

Please note: Only interested applicants should respond to this offer and forward all information requested to samcheney8@aol.com or csamcheney1@aol.com
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

when will people recognize that when something seems to good to be true - IT IS?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.