Thread: Well, I've been told (yelled at actually) that I'm a bigot.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Well, I've been told (yelled at actually) that I'm a bigot..... 
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,090
    ...for getting a chicken sandwich, waffle fries and a large ice tea.

    We just had our first Chik-Fil-A open here in San Jose so I decided to check it out. I didn't see any protestors when I went in because I took the back roads to get there. The line going in to the store had about 15 people outside and another 20 or so inside. I had the #1 and it was quite tasty. As I was leaving however, a Moonbat showed up with a "Bigot" sign who then started screaming at the top of his lungs at the customers coming and going, calling them bigots and hate filled. He was promply escorted off the property to the sidewalk next to the drive through where he continued his tirade. I spoke with a few people outside and they were all there to either support free speech and/or to get a good chicken sandwich. As I left I took the road out in front of the store and saw another 7 protestors holding signs that are for pro gay marriage.

    What did I learn from this? It was just another epic failure from the left to get their message out. Oh, and it reinforced that the left agrees with the first amendment right until you say or do something they don't like.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Loss Prevention RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,804
    I'm glad you have another food choice in your neck of the woods!

    I've noticed several people from the left actually defending Chick Fil A due to the 1st Amendment. This includes Jon Stewart.

    Although he may not agree with Chick-Fil-A's selective reading of Leviticus, Stewart was concerned that these politicians' passion for the civil rights issues at hand was clouding their ability to remember the first amendment:

    "[I'm] pretty sure you canít outlaw a company with perfectly legal business practices because you find their CEOís views repellant," Stewart joked. "Not sure which amendment covers that, but itís probably in the top 1."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1736996.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    and a large ice tea.
    Kudos for having a moonbat run-in.

    And try a milkshake sometime.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,358
    Although he may not agree with Chick-Fil-A's selective reading of Leviticus,
    Since Stewart is Jewish, I'll overlook the fact that he overlooks the NT. This sentence could have been written by someone other than Stewart (likely) so all bets are off!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Loss Prevention RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Since Stewart is Jewish, I'll overlook the fact that he overlooks the NT. This sentence could have been written by someone other than Stewart (likely) so all bets are off!

    He spoke the words on his Daily Show. I was pretty shocked to hear it. I don't watch the Daily Show, but they played it on one of the Fox News programs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    11,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Since Stewart is Jewish, I'll overlook the fact that he overlooks the NT. This sentence could have been written by someone other than Stewart (likely) so all bets are off!

    I watch The Daily Show and I saw the episode in which Jon made that statement. I agree with him, too. It's not like the company is firing people for being gay or refusing service to gay customers. Cracker Barrel does that, and I choose not to spend my money there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,172
    Did a cop jump out of the bushes?

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Well, I've been told (yelled at actually) that I'm a bigot.....


    .... but ya are, Blanche. Ya are.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post


    .... but ya are, Blanche. Ya are.
    Less bigoted than you princess. The gay faction, of which you are a part of, is one of the most hate filled and bigoted group in America today.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    41,919
    What!!! No one got shot or anything??? Minus 2 Bongs...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •