1. #1 As Isaac Hits Gulf Coast, Obama Jokes GOP Believes Jobs 'Will Magically Rain Down' 
    Link
    Is this poor taste or what.
    (CNSNews.com) – Campaigning at Iowa State University on Tuesday, as Hurricane Isaac was about to hit the Gulf Coast, a jocular President Barack Obama took a jab at Republicans whom he said believe that jobs will "magically rain down on everybody else" if people making $3 million per year and more are given a tax cut.

“This week in Tampa, my opponents will offer you their agenda,” the president said. “It should be a pretty entertaining show. It will be. And I’m sure they’ll have some wonderful things to say about me.

(Video at link)

“But what you won’t hear from them is a path forward that meets the challenges of our time. Instead, it will be an economic plan that says if you just give folks making $3 million or more a year another $250,000 tax cut, then jobs and prosperity will magically rain down on everybody else,” Obama said.

Isaac made landfall on the Gulf Coast at 7:45pm Tuesday with 80 mph winds, making it a Category 1 hurricane.

When Obama took office in January 2009, that national unemployment rate was 7.8 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The next month, it rose to 8.3 percent. Since then, it has stayed above 8 percent for 42 straight months, and is currently at 8.3 percent.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

"Rain down" is part of everyday speech.

I'm sick of both sides politicizing the weather. Hurricanes hit the southern part of this country this time of year, it's just the way it is. Those states need relief when they get hit.

Maybe both parties could put a table up to take donations (Red Cross or SA, depending on the party) from their wealthy attendees for relief efforts?

It blows my mind how much money is spent on political campaigns-I'm not singling out a side in this, it's disgusting that either party spends what they do, not to mention the PAC organizations. Billions.

Romney and Ryan both have posted a way to contact the Red Cross several times yesterday and today. I would hope the 'other side' is doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It blows my mind how much money is spent on political campaigns-I'm not singling out a side in this, it's disgusting that either party spends what they do, not to mention the PAC organizations. Billions.
    We have the best government money can buy :)

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    "Rain down" is part of everyday speech.

I'm sick of both sides politicizing the weather. Hurricanes hit the southern part of this country this time of year, it's just the way it is. Those states need relief when they get hit.

Maybe both parties could put a table up to take donations (Red Cross or SA, depending on the party) from their wealthy attendees for relief efforts?

Let a Republican or conservative say something similar.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Link
    Is this poor taste or what.
    I can't remember who said it but last night one of the speakers called Obama's economic plans "trickle up poverty". I about fell out of my chair.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I'm still waiting for the democrats to blame Isaac on Obama.

And I’m sure they’ll have some wonderful things to say about me.
    I haven't seen any of the convention yet. Am going to try and catch Ryan tonight.

From what I understand Barry has not been the focus, much to his narcissistic chagrin. I've heard he gets mentioned for his "failed policies" and such but for the most part the attention has not been on him. Any truth to that?
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I haven't seen any of the convention yet. Am going to try and catch Ryan tonight.

From what I understand Barry has not been the focus, much to his narcissistic chagrin. I've heard he gets mentioned for his "failed policies" and such but for the most part the attention has not been on him. Any truth to that?
    Chris Christie didn't mention him I don't think, not by name. It was a very positive and uplifting message. Tell Americans the truth, they can take it.