1. #1 GOP convention: Where are all the protesters? 
    Link
    TAMPA -- Tampa expected 15,000 protesters for the Republican National Convention. So far, the city has seen no more than "a couple thousand," Tampa Police Chief Jane Castor told reporters this morning.

Those protests have resulted in exactly three arrests, two of whom "showed a desire to get arrested," the police chief said. The other was a protester-on-protester attack in the so-called "Romneyville" encampment, Tampa television station WTSP reports.

"There aren't nearly the number of demonstrators we expected," Castor said. "This isn't over yet. We have some large events that are still scheduled, demonstrations."

One reason could be Hurricane Isaac, which forced some bus companies to cancel planned charters of protesters into Tampa Bay.

"Does it make you worry that it's almost too quiet?" a reporter asked the police chief.

"Yes," she said. "Yes."

With nearly 4,000 police helping from about 50 local, state and federal agencies providing security for the event, police have protesters vastly outnumbered. But Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn said he's comfortable with all that police visibility. "I'd rather over-prepare and over-train and over-display a massive show of strength on the streets," than have something go wrong, he said.

Castor also said there are no incidents attributable to hard-partying delegates. "Everyone has behaved themselves at all of the after-parties," she said.
    I bet the DUmmies are disappointed. Or are they too lazy to do that too?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Link

I bet the DUmmies are disappointed. Or are they too lazy to do that too?
    I thought the Black Panthers were going to be there with their foots in the throats of Republicans?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Man what a protest flop.....3 convention related arrests? That's all????? No riots? No tear gas? Man, what a disappointment.

Come on lefties, you need to step up your game next week and provide us with entertainment outside of the BS fest that will be the Dem convention.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Man what a protest flop.....3 convention related arrests? That's all????? No riots? No tear gas? Man, what a disappointment.

Come on lefties, you need to step up your game next week and provide us with entertainment outside of the BS fest that will be the Dem convention.
    They might be saving it all for the Democratic Convention, ala 1968...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I was hoping for some good old fashion head bashing by police, alas I hope they do some at the democratic convention.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    They might be saving it all for the Democratic Convention, ala 1968...
    My thoughts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I was hoping for some good old fashion head bashing by police, alas I hope they do some at the democratic convention.
    I was hoping the same thing, and all we got was cops handing free lunches and drinks to the protesters. You won't see that at the DNC Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    My thoughts also.

I was hoping the same thing, and all we got was cops handing free lunches and drinks to the protesters. You won't see that at the DNC Convention.
    Ya why do they tend to fight people that agree with them? Like in 68?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Ya why do they tend to fight people that agree with them? Like in 68?
    Because they are stupid.

I only saw 1 Code Pink idiot being thrown out during Ryan's speech but that was it. Funny thing, you won't see any conservative trying to disrupt the Dem convention.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.