Thread: Romney Accepts Nomination

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Ann's been wrong before. Running Krispy Creme as our presidential nominee just because he gave one good speech would be ridiculous.

But then again that's why you of all people pointed this out.

But with that being said...even a RINO like Christie on his worst day would be better than your hero Obama on his best.
    Obama was 'thrust into the national spotlight' because of one speech. Seems like a good thing to avoid.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Gingrich was the best candidate in the republican field. How did Romney beat him?
    Romney was better organized and ran a more disciplined campaign. Gingrich had flashes of brilliance in the debates, but he also had a lot of baggage that alienated the base that would have otherwise supported him (such as his attack on Paul Ryan's budget, or his support for a truly odious RINO in the special congressional election in NY).
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Gingrich was the best candidate in the republican field. How did Romney beat him?
    Gingrich was the best candidate for Obama to run against...not the best the GOP had to offer.

Which is obvious by what we saw Thursday night.

The MSM ran smear campaigns and character assassinations against the best qualified...Mitt was the one that was able to dodge the land mines.

With the exception of Linda the Beltway RINO Mitt wasn't anyone's first pick...nor was he the best...but he's what we've got...he made a damn good pick as his Veep and YOU had better get used to saying President Romney cause you're about two months away from that reality.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Gingrich was the best candidate for Obama to run against...not the best the GOP had to offer.

Which is obvious by what we saw Thursday night.

The MSM ran smear campaigns and character assassinations against the best qualified...Mitt was the one that was able to dodge the land mines.

With the exception of Linda the Beltway RINO Mitt wasn't anyone's first pick...nor was he the best...but he's what we've got...he made a damn good pick as his Veep and YOU had better get used to saying President Romney cause you're about two months away from that reality.
    Well, technically, about five months, because I don't expect Romney to open up a fake "Office of the President-Elect."

He wasn't my guy, but he's still got a hell of a lot more class than that stupid shit.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Everybody is giving voters far too much credit, Romney won on simple appearance more than anything, luckily this Ken doll has a spotless character and the more you hear from and about him the easier he is to like, Let's just hope he wins and we continue to like him more.
    It looks more and more likely that he will win.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Everybody is giving voters far too much credit, Romney won on simple appearance more than anything, ........ this Ken doll .........
    Wow. You actually said it.

Wow. You actually said it.
    Listen to him though, he is a genuinely descent guy, I think this is a win win for Americans despite our shallowness, and Ryan is frosting on the cake.
    I like this guy more all the time.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg