Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    gator
    Quote Originally Posted by du freeper View Post
    You're partially right. He and his buddies were complicit in the attack plan and operation.
    I know nothing about LBJ knowing about the attack plan and find that hard to believe but it is clear he gave the Israelis a pass on the incident.

Banned
    You're partially right. He and his buddies were complicit in the attack plan and operation.
    I'm confused. While I've read many of Gator's posts on this issue, I've not studied it independently. However, I fail to see any reason LBJ would do that. What would be the purpose/intent of such an action?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I'm confused. While I've read many of Gator's posts on this issue, I've not studied it independently. However, I fail to see any reason LBJ would do that. What would be the purpose/intent of such an action?
    False flag operation such as Gulf of Tonkin and Northwoods. The reason the Israelis tried so hard to sink the USS Liberty is that no survivors could live to place blame on them. However it did not work that way. Israel finally had to give up, and as Gator said, LBJ did nothing. He did nothing because he was complicit in the attack. Gator's vitriol is such towards Israel that he cannot see the REASON LBJ did nothing.

Sonnabend
    ANZAC biscuits anyone?

Banned
    False flag operation such as Gulf of Tonkin and Northwoods. The reason the Israelis tried so hard to sink the USS Liberty is that no survivors could live to place blame on them. However it did not work that way. Israel finally had to give up, and as Gator said, LBJ did nothing. He did nothing because he was complicit in the attack. Gator's vitriol is such towards Israel that he cannot see the REASON LBJ did nothing.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but that still doesn't make any sense to me. I understand what a false flag operation is and I understand the purpose of, for example, the Gulf of Tonkin incident when viewed in that light, i.e., to mobilize the American public behind the war. What I don't understand is what could possibly be the purpose of a false flag Liberty incident.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but that still doesn't make any sense to me. I understand what a false flag operation is and I understand the purpose of, for example, the Gulf of Tonkin incident when viewed in that light, i.e., to mobilize the American public behind the war. What I don't understand is what could possibly be the purpose of a false flag Liberty incident.
    That is just a bullshit idea.

In early 1967 the US had an even hand approach in the ME.

The Liberty was on a real NSA mission to keep tabs on the Israelis.

The Israelis didn't like it and decided to attack the Liberty. They gambled LBJ wouldn't respond.

No only did LBJ not respond but he initiated a significant cover up in order to protect the israelis due to the pressure of the pro Israel lobby. The cover up really wasn't even exposed until 2003 when Adm Thomas Moore did his Independent Commission Report.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcarlton View Post
    Does Gator pay you to sing his praises or whatever? God, your like the little court jester midget person who runs around and does the kings biddings for laughs and scraps of meat.
    Can you be such a tard as not to pick up the meaning of my signature line?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I'm pretty new here, but is this CU or DU? (or maybe I stumbled upon an Obama blog or Daily Kos diary). They certainly hate the Joooooos! at those sites. This American Joooooooo! supports Israel 100%.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    I'm pretty new here, but is this CU or DU? (or maybe I stumbled upon an Obama blog or Daily Kos diary). They certainly hate the Joooooos! at those sites. This American Joooooooo! supports Israel 100%.

Boring in the echo chamber today?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Washington Report on Middle East Affairs June/July 1997, pgs. 19-20
    Anniversary of a 30-Year Investigation USS Liberty: Periscope Photography May Finally Reveal Truth
    http://www.washington-report.org/bac...97/9706019.htm